90 some lb. Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MissouriCats, Jun 18, 2008.

1. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    Did anyone hear about the huge flathead that MDC shocked in the Platte River. I got to see pictures of it and it was amazing. I love fishing for flatheads so it got me real excited. I work along the Platte river by Platte City so I am going to definitely do some fishing. I figure if there's one that big in there there should be some other biggins around!!

2. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thats a huge fish. hopefully someone can find some pics to put on here of it. welcome to the BOC

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I agree, that is one MONSTER fish, especially a flatty! Would love to see one that big someday!

4. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    The only pics I saw were from the fisheries biologist that shocked it. They were on his phone so I don't have any to post. I know it took two guys to hold the whole thing up!!

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcom to the BOC Kyle. That would have been one heck of a fish. Good luck when you go fish for the flats.

Tom

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I never saw the pics, but from what I was told it was a 90 plus # Blue. Although they did bring up some nice Flathead also.

7. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Kyle I believe you are mistaken. I used to work for the biologest (jake allman) who shocked that fish and it was a blue. I saw the picture last week and I was amazed that a blue that large came out of that stretch of the platte.

8. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
  9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats amazing that big of a fish , is going that far up that small of a river.

10. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Kyle;
    :big_smile:Welcome to the BOC.:big_smile:
    I think you will find you have made a positive life changing decision when you joined us. :big_smile:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

11. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I also heard it was a blue. With all this high water I'm sure there will be a bunch of fish move up in theses small rivers. Where it was shocked up, there isn't alot of fishing pressure.

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from another member Kyle. I heard they were shocking for flatheads at the dam at Smithville Tuesday. Guess they had quite a few large fish.

13. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Bluejay. Yeah they shock around the dam during the spawn and it always produces many flatheads usually they are in the 3-15 lb range but a few big ones are collected too. Smithville has a healthy population of large flatheads.

14. MissouriCats

MissouriCats New Member

State:
    Higginsville,Missouri
    Oops! I thought it was a flathead. Nevertheless it was huge fish. Sorry about that.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a whale with whiskers. Welcome Kyle, hope ya enjoy it here as much as i do.

16. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome aboard Kyle this place is great place to learn and share. 91 Pounds and that was his personal best with a shocker? Come on, give me a shocker and let me see what I can find:big_smile: If you hit that thing you would have to replace your lower unit on your motor.... crazy

17. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I also heard that plus a 93 pound blue up by Edgerton. There are several fish a year taken in the 20 to 40 pound range from the Interurban bridge all the way up to the z hwy bridge, lots of good fishin in that stretch of the river, but can be tricky when the water is low

18. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    My buddy bought a jet boat this year and has been wanting to fish that river this summer.

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Kyle, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. That's a HAWG!!! Good luck to ya in pursuit of his or her brother or sister.

20. massa_blake

massa_blake New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats is a huge fish. I hope I can see some pics soon.:cool2: