90 pound Flathead Catfish??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CATFISHGARY1, May 29, 2009.

1. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    has anyone heard of this a 90 pound flatty caught in the NE or the cape fear , i only heard the rumor and was checking to see if anyone else had heard it ,and if it was caught on a limb line or rod ,and the evidence a picture

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    90# flat? now that would be a heck of a nice catch. If it was caught, it won't take long for word to spead, thats for sure.

3. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    yeah wouldnt take long at all!!!be headline news,but i will get him. lol

4. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    I haven't heard about it. I think for sure if one that size was caught it would have been in the newspaper, or online w/pics. I think it's just a rumor. Hopefully I'll get lucky enough someday to do it?

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I heard word of it today, they guy said he heard it was mid 80's and was caught in the NE Cape Fear but he didn't say whether it was on a rod or set line. Damn nice fish either way if you ask me.

6. CarolinaHitman

CarolinaHitman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    John @ Neuse bait told me about it,....said the guy called him looking for certified scales and said he told him it was 75lbs on his scale. He didnt say whether he ever found any.Still no proof that i know of.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I,m guessing we will hear more about the rumor about it after the 1st of june , it was suposed to have been checked in at [County Line Bait & tackle ]in Castle Hanye an entered in his month long big fish pot ,rumor rod & reel but no sure ,i will post more when an if i find out more, this is from what i have heard around here

8. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    thats one nice fish i figure if its was in the 90s on a rod it would have been around about a new record, but keeep us posteed

9. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    I know the blue record was just broken in the James in VA. 102 lbs
    First freshwater fish ever caught over 100 lbs in VA

10. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    dana i think that one came off the neuse up above smithfield

11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I just got off the phone with Jamie at county line ,he had not even heard of it until this morning when someone else asked him about it .Jamie said i was 2nd one to ask about it today .Going by what he told me i,m guessing it is just a rumor , well that just my thought on it a [FISH STORY ]

12. CarolinaHitman

State:
    North Carolina
    i think you're right Gary,....seems like i heard both stories bout the same time,........confusion must have set in,..lol:confused2: Hows the tournaments going?? Me and Josh probablly wont make any soon,...havin surgery on my back. We've tried a couple of the bream and shellkracker tourneys @ spring garden but its tough on me,.....when im recovered im gonna live on the river,..lol:cool2:

13. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    there doing great having good turn outs and the points race is staying close everyones having a good time, man hate to hear that hope you speedy recovery, keep you in our prayers

14. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    Get well soon, and remember to take your recovery slow and do lots of physical therapy. It pays in the long run. I've had several surgeries and other injuries so trust me i know :crazy:

15. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've heard more about the 90 pounder, heard that it was 85 and that it was caught on rod and reel in the northeast cape fear between sawpit landing and lanes ferry. said that it took him 2 hours to get him in the boat, said he had a picture he was going to show me.

16. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't think it will be long before it happens, either in the neuse or cape fear.

17. CarolinaHitman

State:
    North Carolina
    I think you're right man,...won't be long, gonna see a record from either of those rivers,.....Thanks for the concerns guys,....gonna be a few more weeks before they fix my back,....just keep the old "Hitman" in mind when ya'll are draging a bigun over the side,.....:big_smile: