90 hp mercury

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by jetdocx, Aug 4, 2007.

1. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Have low water flow coming out of motor. Replaced the complete water pump assembly housing and all. It still has very little water flow coming out of engine. What do I do next?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Did you replace the gasket down in under the lower part of the impeller housing. The one on the very bottom. I had the same problem here while back on a 35 merc and replaced the lower gasket and problem solved.
    Another question did you make sure the pickup tube lined up with the pump and was all the old impeller still there.

3. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Gasket was replaced. Everything seems to line up just fine.

4. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i've had tje same isse several times. Everytime I've hd a partial obstruction in the discharge tube. try pulling tube of at side of engine and see if flow improves..

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Or get you a small wire and run it down inside the tube and see if anything has tried to build a nest in there. I have taken a air hose and blow into them and back flush the system and its helped.
    The water pickup tube didn't come out while you were installing the pump did it. You know come out of the leg and you replaced it back in. What I am getting at is its hard to see up in there and the rubber gromment in the bottom of the motor may be partially turned before the pipe entered it.

6. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    It the same amount of water that it had coming out before I change the pump assembly. No change in the water it just spits a little out motor at idle or running.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Then I would say your problem lies withen the water jacket cover. There are 1 or 2 little cross over holes that let the water through the jacket to rise up to where the tell tell is and I almost bet you have something in there partially stopping these holes up.
    Pull the jacket off and look all its going to cost is the gasket and your time.

8. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I found the problem it was the seal on top of the water pump housing had blown out. Took it apart put it back on and it works finr now, thanks for all the help.