9 Jan 08

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lilgriz, Jan 9, 2008.

1. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    65 mph winds, heavy heavy rains, tornadoes touching down all around, and microburst hittin every 15 minutes, but we were still there! Friends, we went toe-to-toe with Mother Nature herself, and we survived! There ain't too much the diehard Redtails haven't fished through, crazy I know! We waited in the vehicles to see if the rains would calm enough to set up a tarp for shelter. The rains calmed for a moment and the tarp was up in a matter of minutes. We begain to set up the tables and equipment for the night, get the rods set out, and kick back. The winds were howlin, the rain was pourin, and the thunder was rollin. Then things went calm.........and then.............. ................................................BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy: A microburst hit the tarp that was covering us! Tent steaks went flyin, the tarp engulfed the group, and the dog took off! We regrouped and started lookin around to see the damage. The wind knocked a full cooler over and drinks were everywhere, the hammer blew off the truck hood that it was sittin on, and I never found my drink that I had! After we picked everything up, the winds resided, and the skys clear to make way for one of the most beautiful nights I have seen in a while!

We ended up catchin a few small ones and tearin up the skippies! It was a BLAST!!!!:big_smile:

2. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Here are some photos, I didn't get any from the storms and rain cause it was the last thing on my mind at the time.:big_smile: These were some pics of breakfast Wed. mournin. The dutch oven contained bisquits. Chef Lou has missed Tuesday night for a while so we found a fill in, Chef John.

Attached Files:

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If you went thru the same series of storms we had in Missouri Sunday nite, ya caught heck to say the least. We had 4 different twisters within 10 miles of the house. rough nite but i escaped without any damage other than my soiled drawers.:eek:oooh:

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    It got purdy wild for a while last night! I hear ya on the drawers! :smile2:

5. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Here are a few more pics.....
    The 1st is Griz's REAL passion, just look at the smile on his face!
    The 2nd is his next passion
    The 3rd is John Catfish Young with his nice Channel

Attached Files:

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Looks like some dang on good eating and some good fishin

7. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    If you look close in the Chef John pics, you can see where the tarp was drug through the mud, after it was ripped from the restraints, and also the torn grommet holes where the wind ripped the tent steaks right through some of them.

8. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Well dang guys I was hoping to read that after I left you all got all your PBs. I know when I got there is was pouring down rain and I only had a rain top so I was soaked from the waste down.

Glad to hear it was a nice nite after all

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well look's like you boy's had a great time anyway lol And Griz sure is a top notch bass man:wink:

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Yea it was an interesting night to say the least. The Skipjack really turned on wed. morning though I was catching them on almost every cast with alot of doubles. As for the Bass all I'm going to say is thats what happens when you borrow a jig from lilgriz :wink:
    The food was great. John prepared a supper of White Beans with Ham, Cornbread and homemade Dill and Bread and Butter pickles with Brownies for dessert. For Breakfast he fixed White Sausage gravy and eggs, while Lilgriz whipped up some homemade bisquits in his Dutch Oven. Of course there was plenty of coffee to go along with the meals too.

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    JUST NOT MUCH ON LIGHTING AND HEAVY STORMS,GLAD U ALL HAD FUN !!!

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes lilgriz...you can tell by the look on Griz face he loves to catch them fish..LOL...Is it Tuesday yet?:cool2:

13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Kinda sounds like my first night at my first keystone gathering!!!