9 hours for 5 fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by duckalot, Aug 30, 2009.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I decided against an all night trip Friday night but was on the Mo. river at Daylight Sat. morning. I covered 16 miles of river and fished every kind of water imaginable. I caught 5 fish, all from 2-10 pounds except for one that went 18.6 lbs. No real pattern, other then they were all caught on cut bait (skip jack and Asian carp fillet) and they were all caught below wing dike tips. Not in the scour holes but below them in 10-12 of water. I fished the main channel and in some outside bends and never caught a fish. Thats all the info I have to offer. It was a beautiful day and surprisingly there was not another boat on the water.
    Good Luck!!

Attached Files:

2. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rob

Thanks for the report. You results were better than myne. I fished it last evening for a spell and caugh one little 5LB flat. Had a good time though

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to see you at least cought some fish. How is the river? I am going to fish it next weekend. Havent been on it sinced I moved. Cant wait. Hope it stables out for a few days before next weekend.
    Tom

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanx for the report. Thinking about going out this evening so hopefully I can get into some. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report. 5 fish is alot better than 4 fish. And is better than no fish at all. Keep em coming

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rob thanks for sharing your report. At least you caught a few, and enjoyed a beautiful day.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Rob thanks for the report ,glad you got some fish an had a good time while on the water ,maybe next time your arms will hurt from reeling in so many biggun's :wink: