9 Days In Hospital, Finally Out!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Nov 15, 2007.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't know what to think.
    It seems it takes longer for me to get better each time they cut on me. They re-did the kidney tubes to that homemade bladder, and I almost got to go home last Saturday. Then when they were redoing an IV, I started bleeding from where they cut on me. Turns out some infection got started, and I was draining lots of blood and puss. Well they poured some real heavy duty antibiotics in me and got the most of it whipped. Those antibiotics were heavy enough that I sweated like I downed a bottle of good hot sauce.Boy the sweat just poured off my head.

In the process of getting my wound to drain, they removed about a dozen staples. So alot of that wound opened up like an old taco. To close me back up, they put a vacuume patch on me. Darnedist dressing I ever saw. It's about like a tire patch. I have a portable vacume pump with me at all times hooked up. A specially trained visiting nurse will come out three times a week and redress the wound.

I'm kinda worthless right now as I have the vacume tube and a cathador comming out of me. I will see my surgen after the 27th, so I might lose the cathador then. I have 2 stints running from that homemade bladder to my kidneys that will have to come out sometime, too. The good thing is that I no longer have tubes comming out of my back.

And boy is it good to be home. 9 days in that hosipital, three without food or water, two with a liquid diet and then the regular diet. I think I lost 6-8 pounds. lol

Boy it's great to be home. I want to thank each and everyone of you for keeping me in your prayers.

I'll tell you what, that hospital is worse than being in jail. If I was in jail, I could have played cards, dominos or something. Well thats what I hear. LOL LOL LOL

:roll_eyes::smile2::tounge_out::big_smile:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Holy crap, what else do you do for entertainment...?
    Glad to see you're back in action...

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Glad to see your home Jim, sounds like you better take it easy for awhile though.

4. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Welcome home Jim, it's good to have you back and postin'

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy Jim, I ain't going to complain about hurtin today after seeing all you went through. I'm glad you are home and can have some form of rest from all that. It sure is good to see you back buddy.

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Welcome home Jim

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    oh no, carved like a turkey and it ain't even Thanksgiving yet. Progress isn't measured in how many in, it is measured in how many out. You are out now. The next time you go to Chicago it will be to see one of the lousy pro teams they have play. Might even make it to the Shedd aquarium to see some really big fish.

Do what they tell ya, but make yourself better. They slice and dice ya, but you do the healing. Good luck

8. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    "....opened up like an old taco."

You have a way with words Jim.

Glad you're home, I don't like those places either.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jim, glad to hear you home, sounds like you had a very bad time.
    I also hate those places but sure nice to be if a person is real sick.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sometimes we have to wonder if the hospitals aren't worse for our health, especially when we get infections while in them.

Sure hope you are on your way to recovery!

Take care.
    Cheryl

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Doesn't sound like fun to me. And I thought I had problems.
    Glad your home and its under control.:big_smile:
    I hope the nurse was pretty.:wink:

Dont think I'll ever look at taco's as a food item anymore. :crazy:

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I know the feeling.:crazy: Glad to see your doing better.:wink:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim glad to hear you abe back at home.We will continue to pray for a full recovery.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I understand completely about hospitals. When ya go there and they can't figure out what is wrong and send ya home and ya have to find an ole Country Doctor to give ya a correct diagnosis and the correct medication yes I truly understand. As far as infections go,the hospital south of me and the same one I went too has been sued repeatedly for Staph infections,my own Brother-in-law was one of their patients one time.He had surgery and came out with a horrible Staph infection.He sued em and won.The infections come from the fact that the nurses and doctors do not throughly wash their hands in between patients. Reckon they're just way too busy!Anyway really happy that you're home and I wish you a very speedy recovery!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::big_smile:

15. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well everyone, I just got the wound re dressed. I did not realise it, but it's 2" deep and spread out 3 inches. God it looks awfull. Worse than my taco analogy.

Sorry Dano, for ruining tacos for you.

This nurse had to take measurments for insurance purposes, thats why I know how bad it is. I thought I would have this vacumme patch on for about a month. Well that nurse said she will be seeing me for at least 3 months, three times a week.

She was not as gentle as that doctor was at the hospital. And no IV dope shot before she started tearing it apart. Boy she made me sweat and really grab the arms of my recliner.

The good thing is it's almost winter, so I won't be as grouchy as I would be if it was summer.

I have been watching the weather reports for Tenessee, and was thinking how nice it would be, to just go down camping and fishing for a while. Well that ain't going to happen for at least 3 months. Darn It. I cannot be without electric for over 7 hours. That's how long this vacume pump will run without being plugged in to 120 AC.

Well folks if I seem out of sorts in my posts, you will know why.

16. JJ Hunt

JJ Hunt New Member

State:
    MS
    Glad to hear your doing better.:big_smile:

17. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Glad to hear you come home. MRSSA is common anymore in healthcare setting (probably the infectious bug you caught). That wound vac will help you get healed up as long as you do what that nurse says. Get going and get outside as soon as you can. :wink:

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jim - Best wishes on a speedy recovery! I hope you can get back out fishing soon! :big_smile: