9-6-09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by perrycounty.in, Sep 7, 2009.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and my brother and brother-in-law went out last night to flat head fish on the ohio after 2 hours and nothing we decided to drift for blues for awhile, we should have been doin that the from the start we caught several right off the bat. Then a dang storm blew in and we had to run the boat on the ketucky bank and take cover for about 45mins needless to say my boat is trashed from all the mud.:angry: oh well

our 2 biggest fish where 17#'s and 11#'s not huge but they were fish

would have had more pics for ya Bill [Wake up Indiana] but the weather made it dang near impossible it was like a circus on the boat, the 2nd pic is the one my brother-in-law caught but would not hold cause he was scared of it :smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats on fishing trip arron tell bother in law is only hurts for a second

3. hawghaul

hawghaul New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shoot, they just chomp down on your hand. No worse than getting slapped with the ruler in school. Heck, its more fun too!

Glad to see you got into some fish, Aaron. I need to come hang out and do some river drifting sometime.

4. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    :smile2: yea i even offered him a glove which i always use eversince i had one run a 8/0 circle threw my thumb tryin to de hook him. but he won't even touch the body its kinda funny

yeah taylor anytime im ready come on down just give me an advanced notice

5. hawghaul

hawghaul New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Aw...Come on! They're not that slimey. I've had my hand in a dishwasher trap that had things that felt much more weird than a cat's backside. Sheesh. Even my girlfriend touches them. I mean, a glove for the mouth end is fine (I had some nice sandpaper scratches on my hand recently), but not touching them at all. He shouldn't be allowed to catch'em.

Haha, I know. Of course, I wouldn't ever just try to show up unannounced. But, hey, I'm always down for fishing and I've never fished a river system before. Only the reservoirs, lakes, and ponds.

When does the bite normally shut down on the big river?

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I never use a glove.. I like the battle scars.. and I have had some serious ones...:smile2:

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    just cowboy up and barehand them lol. Im just too lazy to put on a glove...and it don't hurt all that bad. Most of my friends go straight for the gloves though to handle blues. :smile2:

8. perrycounty.in

State:
    Indiana
    yeah he won't even touch the fish at alll though thats funny stuff

the fish don't hurt but a 8/0 circle goin threw your thumb hurts for a week a least

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know somebody like that, He wants to be a cop and he's scared shitless of fish... If he ever pulls me over, I'll just throw one in his lap. lol

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    that would be funny to see a police officer running from a fish :crazy::crazy:

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    congrats on fishing trip

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    big river as in ohio or monrow blue can be caught in the winter time

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the blue bite is generally toughest during the spawn. Other than that the blues will almost always be active. Winter can be the best time to catch the big blues. Tactics have to change through the seasons sometimes, but they can still be caught, if you are willing to work at it. Generally once you find them in the winter it is on for a while. Shoot me and 2 freinds went down last winter it was 13 degrees when we hit the water. Every thing was froze. trolling motor and steering. So we found a board to use for a rutter on the front of the boat to get out to the hot water discharge. had every thing thawed in about 10 minutes. Then sat up the top zipped in the sides and turned on the heater. Fished and at times even thought it was spring. Its amazing what 30,000 btus will do in a little closed in area. Sometimes is great though when the wind is screaming straight up the river at you.

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like an interesting night and you caught some fish to boot. Congrats and thanks for sharing the story