9/29/07 Chickmaugua Lake Blues catfishing report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Southerncats, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Took a few guys out on Chickmaugua Lake near Chattanooga, TN. last Sat.....This is not my home waters, but it has been slow for the most part this year due to lack of current....we are 21 inches behind on rain for the year, but I found a few kitty's Sat. ......We were drifting big bait (cut skipjack) in 30-50ft of water, most of the cats were sitting tight to cover......we boated 10 cats with a 66, 34, 29, and several in the teens........Josh got the 66 which was 51 inches long, but not very fat due to the spawn I suppose.

Attached Files:

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :eek:oooh: Dayum Mike those are some real monsters. Congrats & thanks for sharing the pics. :wink:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - Awesome Blue Cats! :cool2: Also welcome to the B.O.C.!

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Mike! Be sure to read the thread about the Chattanooga gathering next spring, I'll look for you there. :0a23:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great catch Mike! I want to take a road trip to Chicky one day soon. Is the fall bite there usually good?

6. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    The fall bite is usually good but this year it may be off really bad due to the lack of rain and thus lack of current in the lake. Several of us have been fishing the lake regular and the bite is slow right now.

7. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah, Cathooker is right.....the bite is not as good as it should be in the normal places.....due to lack of current....you have to move around allot, but If it ever starts raining again the bite will pick up, and hopefully this will be a good winter.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Dang....I am hearing that everywhere in the southeast. The drought is making it tough everywhere this year, and there is no end is sight. :eek:oooh:

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice catfish.

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice fish. thanks for sharing the pics

11. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Congrats on the big fish. I have got to catch me one of those.