9/2/07 - Birthday fishing trip.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Sep 3, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yesterday was my birthday, so of course we went fishing.:big_smile:

Ok, here's the report, not just fishing though....

Saturday night we had my birthday party...my Dad owns a music venue, so he got a bunch of bands to come play, and my band played also....it was a blast, but a lot of people didn't come, not even my own Mom....which doesn't suprise me that much as she usually does let me down. But my true friends and family were there and that's what really matters to me.

After my party Saturday night, we went fishing...it was a great time. It was my Dad, my girlfriend, my friend, and my friends grandma. We got out there around 5am, and fished until about 1pm. Fishing was kind of slow, and there were tons of boats, but it was one of those trips where it doesn't matter if anyone catches anything, just being out there was enough fun...although we actually did catch like 4-5 decent ones, it was just really hard to find any, when we did we caught them real fast and it was over...I only got one bite the whole trip and caught it, about a 5-6lb Blue cat, my Dad caught 3 Blue Cats, and 1 Channel cat. That's about it as far as the fishing trip.

Overall it was a fantastic weekend....3 things I love the most in 24 hours....Fishing, Music, and Family/Friends.

I have tons of pictures, but only a couple fishing ones because my Camera battery died, I will have some more pictures once my aunt emails them to me though....

Here are the only fishing ones I have right now.....

Attached Files:

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    happy birthday. nice birthday fish

Danny

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Here are a few from the party at my Dad's club....pictures of my band playing.

Attached Files:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Last ones until I get the other pictures....

1st picture is my Girlfriend Staci, and I.

2nd picture is what my Dad gave me, a custom guitar that he made, it's really nice.

Attached Files:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Happy BrithDay Zakk:009::005:

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys.:roll_eyes:

7. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY sounds like a good time was had by all

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good friends, a pretty girl and a new custom guitar. Man you did allright Zakk.
    Happy birthday bud!!!!:009::009::009:

9. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Happy Birthday Zakk

10. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    And yeah, What Troy said :wink:

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    lol, thanks guys.:smile2:

Troy, that's a HUGE Blue you have there, man how much did it wiegh? I must have missed that report.

12. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Zak,

Man that looks like a WOW Birthday to me! Thank you for the post and the pictures. It brought a smile to my face. You have a beautiful, sweet looking girlfriend. And, she sits beside a FINE looking young man.
    What you said about your Mom saddened me, but to know your Father has that much love is just incredible. That guitar is just awesome. He put his heart into that, you can tell. I hope you have it forever.
    Then the fishing! I'd say those looked like some nice ones. A day spent making memories with those you care about is just priceless.

My own son just turned nine. I'm really afraid of his growing up. I hope he enjoys fishing and music (he already has his first Peavy and plays some) as much as you seem to. I dread the day his heart is swept by "another" female.
    I just hope when it happens, she helps him aspire for his potential.

Give that Dad of yours a hug and play the heck out of that GUITar!

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you Laura....my Father and I have a very special relationship, and my Grandparents and I do also because they have always raised me. My Mom has let drugs ruin her life, recently it has only gotten worse...as you can see in this thread....

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22208

But that's alright because I've always had a great life here with my Dad and grandparents. In some ways it might actually help me that she's a bad person because now that I've seen what drugs do, I made the decision a long time ago to never touch them, or even drink....instead I play music or go fishing.

Tell your son to keep playing, it's a great thing to do, and is a lot of fun. It's hard to get started, at least it was for me, because of course you don't start off good, you have to practice a lot, but when you start playing with a band and the crowd goes crazy, it's about the best feeling ever.

I already gave my Dad a hug for the guitar, and he's going to start giving me lessons soon, I want to be really good on drums and guitar, I plan on majoring in music in college, and I'm going to try to get some kind of scholarship since I've been in school marching band for about 6-7 years now.

14. hoosierdaddy47250

hoosierdaddy47250 New Member

State:
    Madison,indiana
    thats an awesome b-day ,
    sounds like you got your act together ,
    nice cat

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you.:cool2:

16. BOWHOG1

BOWHOG1 New Member

State:
    NC
    Happy Birthday..I'm suprised all that music didn't scare the fish.

17. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Happy belated birthday, Zakk. It's great to see that you're doing well.