9-11

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I was just thinking about what I was doing on 9-11 when I heard about the planes hitting the twin towers, penagon, and the flight that went down in the field. We all need to take time to thank God that we still live in a free country where we can still do the things we enjoy so much. Travel with our famileys, fish, hunt ect. What ever it may be. If we see any military personel we should take a minute and thank them for what they do for each and everyone of us. In mid August at the Atlanta airport I did this and just the smile on this young mans face told me how much he appreciated it. That is not the first one I have done this with and it means so much to each and everyone of them. No matter how messed up we think this country is. IT IS STILL THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIVE IN. We need to say a prayer for all the military president and the government and to be thankful that we are FREE.

Tom

2. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    I know exactly what I was doing the morning I was watching the towers go down. I couldn't help but to cry being at ground zero on a trip three months afterwards. Very powerful to be there and so weird not seeing the towers there anymore:sad2:

3. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are very lucky we live in a country that allows us to speak are minds. I want to thank all of the men and women that serve this country to keep us safe. God Bless

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well said, we need to take this day and remember that this is the greatest country in the world.

5. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    My students and I turned on the TV to watch the events unfold. I hope they never forget to make a difference in this world. When we say the Pledge everyday we always stand tall, stand proud.

6. myname6

myname6 New Member

State:
    MO
    Great post Tom I will never forget that day what a range of emotions form scared to sad to fighten mad