9/1/2009 Another PB

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by nightowl, Sep 8, 2009.

1. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    Went out Tuesday morning on the MS river. Caught some skippies and headed for the hole. Started fishing around 9am with nothing more than a couple of nibbles until bout 12pm when one of my rods doubled over, on the other end of the line was my PB blue. He tipped the berkly scales @ 46.1 lbs. Caught a couple of smaller fish but nothing to speak of.
    I was in the same 100' hole that has produced 3 PB for me this year and also my wife's PB a 47lber. She's still got me beat:angry: But there is no one else i would rather loose to.

Attached Files:

2. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    Sorry bout the pics, i havent figured out how to hold a 45lb fish in one hand and take a pic with the other. The golden rule laying beside the fish is 22" long. The picture really dosent do the fish justice.:embarassed: She was CPRed to bend a rod another day.

3. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    congrats on the new pb when you say a 100' hole are you meaning 100' deep

4. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    yes 100' deep. The deepest spot is around 120' but were i fish averages 100'

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    golly scuba steve thats a lot of water!!!! how deep you catching??

6. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    What you mean you cant hold a squirming 45# fish on a scale with one hand and take a pic with the other. Oh and if your fishing the fish off also hold the control item? And you call yourself a fisherman. J/K I have not figured it out either. I just dont catch fish that big.

Grats and thanks for the pics.

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Another "I told you so" moment..100' of water huh?? I keep telling people to fish deep for these big blues..

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congrats on the PB! Thanks for sharing.

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    congrats on the PB brotha....always nice to set a record even if its your own...

10. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi

Catching em' on bottom

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Morgan congrats on the nice PB Blue. Right bait plus right location equals PB fish. Sounds like you have a Honey Hole.

12. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Congrats on your pb Morgan. That is a great blue. They realy put up a fight this time of the year.

13. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the pb awsome!!!

you driftin, bottom bouncing, or anchor in that 100' hole?

14. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    I always anchor in this spot and also fishing on bottom with a slip rig.

15. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats on a nice year. As for the picture, I set my camera on the front fishing seat, and have found a spot that I squat down and lean against the inside of the boat, and am able to get decent pictures. The 46lb in my avatar was taken this way one night by myself. It takes some practice, but with some thought and the camera's timer, you should be able to find something to set the camera to get a shot. I spent some time with smaller fish on several trips practicing to make sure I was confident I could get a pic. Big fish caught with out a witness or picture is just a tall-tale, lol. Great job on the catches.