8oz no roll sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by mikecat87, May 8, 2020.

1. Herbhome

Herbhome Well-Known Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Name:
    Neill
    Oh, bondo makes sense. Sorry!

2. Nuclear Bill

Nuclear Bill Well-Known Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Name:
    Bill
    Putting Bondo in a mold makes no sense to me.

3. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I would think at the cost of buying sinkers, and if you plan on fishing for a while it would be well worth the expense to just buy a proper mold. At a piece of about $40 you could have what you need to make as many as you want to. You don't have to have a fancy melting pot. An inexpensive cast iron ladle from ebay and a source of heat like a propane torch and you are in business.

Now is making sinkers dangerous. It sure can be. It is no place for kids to be,,,period. it is a place where you should wear protection.

Anyway, you get to decide what you want. Just be safe and think first, then melt second.

4. Steve H

Steve H Active Member

State:
    MS
    Name:
    Steven
    I saw it own a YouTube video...the guy made a mold out of just bondo...my wood mold cracked and lead was leaking out the bottom. I had some so I figured I’d give it a try. So far it’s working pretty good. I make a 16 oz no roll sinker and can’t find a mold that size. I’ve made 14 so far...lost about half of them! The MS river around Memphis has been above flood stage and rolling all year so I needed a big lead to keep them gizzards in place. I usually just use my mold and make 8 oz which are good when the rivers down.

5. Nuclear Bill

Nuclear Bill Well-Known Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Name:
    Bill
    Okay now that makes more sense. So you are making a mold out of Bondo not putting Bondo in a mold.

twaskom and Steve H like this.