8lb. 3oz. bass

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by Shimano_cat, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Christie and I decided to kinda stay close to home today and not fight the lake traffic. We dumped the john boat in the pond behind the house and it turned out to be a pretty good decision. The bass we're going crazy, I didn't keep count but we hammered them pretty good. The largest was 8lbs. 3 oz. shown in the photo. I caught it on a Terminator chart./white spinnerbait, she was tossing a red shad Zoom Utail worm.

Attached Files:

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice bass..Thanks for sharing..

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    beautiful largemouth Wes, dang im jealous.

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    wow nice fish, I cant catch a bass over a pound:angry:

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Nice Bass! Congrats
    Sounds like you both had a good time and save some fuel!

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    nice fish,sometimes them lil ponds will blow you away

7. melvin7000

melvin7000 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Great BASS, I have been checking the ponds lately too and took my son and daughter the other day. Definitely not as nice as yours but my they had a good time.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    heck of a bass! very sweet!

9. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro

The smiles on the kid's faces says it all---good job bro!

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice fish Wes. Wonder how much she weighed before she spawned out. Beautiful fish

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for sharing your catch with us. Now that's one nice healthy bass there.

12. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro

Just a guess, but I would think it would have been close to 10 prespawn.

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Beautiful Largemouth Bass!! In my book, that's a wall hanger. I would of got some pics and measurements and released her. A replica done right looks very awesome and you have the memories right in front of you every time you look at it!!

Great job!!

14. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks Mark. We actually talked it over for a minute or two about a replica before we decided to keep it. It is my PB Largemouth and Christie and I both decided to put the actual fish on the wall. There are 3 ponds on the farm, all of which hold good bass. We rarely keep any except a few small ones for the table, but this one was kinda special. I have a very close friend that happens to be a taxidermist and does a wonderful job on fish. I'll be going to see him in the morning.

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    OMG!!!! YOU KEPT IT?:eek:oooh::dribble::beat_brick::beat_plaster: lol j/k.:0a33:
    I've got a 3 acre pond thats been stocked for about 15 years with bass.
    they're all colorful and fat but the biggest one I've caught has only been about.... matbe 4-4.5 pounds. I wonder alot just how big the biggest one is. Last summer my dad had new 6pound line broke off and he's the bass "pro" in my family.
    It hardly ever gets fished though..... just in a blue moon when I'm super bored and no possibility of anything else to do. I do know that there are some seriously HAWG crappies in it though. That bass you posted makes me want to put some pressure on the LM bass.... today! lol-and see what's in there now... just gotta take twenty paces out the back door and push the lil 10' jon boat water.... do you think 15 years is enough time to grow an 8+ pound hawg like that one? The pond is very healty, penty of forage and its 23' at the levie end and slowly tapers to 4-5' at the last 1/4 acre end of it.
    I stocked it with 3 dozen two pounders and 3 dozen one pounders 15 years ago along with a heathy establisment of BG an fathead minnows and suplimental pellet feed for two years. so what do you think?
    I'll show ya a crappie and little bass my son caught out of it last spring 08 which are common catch sizes.

Attached Files:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wesley congrats on a nice bass. You both were throwing quality baits.

17. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sweet deal Wesley!! Would love to see some pics of the mount once completed. That's a bass of a lifetime for me!! Here's some pics of my Hybrid Striped Bass " wiper" that I had done a few years ago. It weighed in at 13lbs even on my digital scale. Biggest to date!! It's a skin mount too.

Attached Files:

18. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice pics guys...Love that wiper mount..

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice Bass brother:wink: