895 bridge and down river

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by river cat rat, Jan 29, 2008.

1. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    has anyone had much luck in this area ? i'm going that direction this weekend any info would be greatful thanks guys.:0a31:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Jason, I think that area from 895 down to Jimmy Dean's has turned on here recently. I know of an 82 that was pulled from up that way a couple weeks ago. I fished 895 area last month and couldn't get a bite, but like I said, I think it's turning on.

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jason it looks like not many people fish down that way or......Its so good down there they dont want to tell us lol.

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Not too many people up that way each time I go. You're lucky to see one or two boats. There is one guide that always fishes up that way.

I hear in the spring, the action gets hot up there.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Josh, I heard the same thing. I was told by the head fish biologist for VA, that the cats follow the shad right up the river. Anacarrow ramp will have a ton of trailers with shad fisherman and another huge bunch fishing downstream for big cats. I always have 2 meat rods off the back of the boat when I am at the Interstate 95 bridge. I have only caught small cats under ten pounds and nice Stripers up to 30 pounds up that far. I have spoken to several guys getting out at the ramp that have caught cats up to 50 pounds just down stream from the ramp. I am going to try it this Spring, hit all the good looking structure from the ramp to the new bridge.

6. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    CAUGHT A 56AND 42 AROUND JIMMY DEANS TUESDAY

7. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    thanks alot but know much about jimmy deans any details will help need to fell some tuggage thank you.