88 Pound Catfish 60 Pound Catfish

Discussion in 'Member Braggin Area' started by catfishruss, Aug 9, 2007.

1. catfishruss

catfishruss New Member

State:
    California
    caught at San Vicente Reservoir in San Diego,CA.

We have a nice collection of guys out west that love to hunt big blues and just catfish in general. I just wanted to give a report and post pics of some of my fishing trips this year.

Went to San Vee around 1:00 with my uncles and lil cousin. Started out in the aquaduct arm. Toss out some mack dipped in some of my secret sauce ha. About 20 minutes into it I get my first run. Landed em turned out to be a 6 pnd channel. Then a couple minutes later my uncle gets a run and another channel about 3 pounds. Then nothing for about an hour. So we play the waiting game when... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ there goes the line HOOK SET... Initial thoughts around the boat... oh sh*t its a big blue. So all hands are ready anticipating the fish. It makes several long runs and stays about 9 feet deep right below the boat. Only using 14 pnd cajun red line so lifting him was near impossible. So we play the waiting game. He runs out from under the boat and being able to turn his head he makes another bline to the boat. Standing on top of the seat we manage to get a net on him. Ends up being a 60.20 blue cat! We all sit back marvel at the fish for a few. Then it was back out there.... not to long after that... ZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ I set the hook... This one isn't stopping and isn't turning. I get to the end of my spool damn near all lines are reeled up anchors lifted and we start to chase him down. I get some of my line back and hte fight is on. Every time i get him to the boat he made another run! I didn't think I would get this one but after 45 minutes of standing on seats and getting pulled around the boat literally 15 plus times. My uncle at 6'5 lunges out with the net and snags him! 88.40 pound fish. My biggest catfish ever. And the best catfish fight I've ever had. I'm still really stoked about this fish. Although he wasn't the state record it still was a great fight. Still have work to do though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]