#88 car and driver

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by tufffish, Aug 17, 2009.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i want to say that dale jr. finally drove like a nascar driver should this last week. i am the 1st to say bad things about him and want to say the good things when he drives like he should. he had a car and stratagy that put him near the front and he took advantage of it. he has not been doing that for a few years now. maybe he has pulled his head out and is gonna drive like his dad would want him to. ihe is into way to much off the track to be a top notch driver. maybe he is going to listen to DW and drive now instead of be an actor or whatever he has been doing. hendrick has given him good equipment and he needs to take advantage of it or keslowski sure will.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I too have made no bones about his shortcomings over the last couple years. He did real good at Michigan, and drove a smart race.

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    jr, hummm, imo he sucks, with his grandfather,and dad doing it all there lives and him growing up around it,he should be driving better he s been ridding on his dad s name since he came out.off track he s mite be alright, but as a diver, he need s to go back to bush, he has nt worked for any thing, lil rich boy ridding on daddy s name. i shouldn't of even came in this tread, now ill have 100 people jumping on me:smile2::smile2:

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Rich, Earnhardt didn't coddle those kids.
    Plenty of books out about racing and that family.

From my impression Sr. was a pretty hard daddy.
    Jr. didn't have it so easy when it came to racing. Dad wasn't paying mechnics to turn wrenches on Jr's late models and go carts.
    That was more of a " thats your deal, handle it".
    He did give Jr. and Kerry a little garage space though. Nice of him.

Did pops open up some doors for him ? Sure like any other dad would.

5. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If yall remember when he drove busch series full time and dominated, there was a different spirit about him.Swagger,brashness, and dare I say open minded! I dont know if seniors passing took something out of him or he wasnt ready for the role and acalades that came with shoes to fill.Today he almost acts shy in after race interviews.Bring back the ole junior and the Earnhardt name will be back on top of the leader board.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    want the old Jr back?....bring back the old car:wink:

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The only thing that he is like his father in is interviews.
    Sr. was famous for some wiseass remarks. No theatrics.
    Just tell it like it is brash or not.
    Early on I think Sr. coached Jr. alot on what to say and what not to say.
    You notice how little you see about his private life? Sr. kept his flap shut.
    Look at Jr. The most popular driver. You know who he is dating?
    I don't.

You see some of Jr's post race interviews at the plate tracks and it's like sr. is talking through him. Not quite as brash but sr. had a strong relationship with the France family.

8. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Right off I am not a Jr or Sr fan!
    If Hendrick can't get him turned in the right direction no one can.
    I think to much is expected from him by the old Sr fans. When Sr died all the Sr fans hooked their wagon to Jr. Jr is NOT Dale Sr and the sooner people get this through their skulls and quit trying to live out their wish of the resorection of Sr the better off they will be.
    If he was ment to be the supper star dad was it will happen at Hendrick. He may just be an above average driver with a famous last name.
    Leave him alone cause if the cream is there it will come to the top.

9. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    I am with Mark on this one. Jr is a fine race car driver. He isn't a rich spooled kid like some say. But now for the reason why he isn't driving like his dad and grandfather. Look before he had a accident years ago jr was on a role in nascar. But since that wreck he hasn't done much of nothing. I think he realize that his life was more then racing. The wreck was in the Lemans Series Corvette in 2004 at Infineon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGR0KWLs51c

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    At least Jr.'s not a butthole like Kyle Bush.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If I had half the money Jr. has I wouldn't be hanging it all out on the race track either. In fact I wouldn't be in the car.:smile2:
    I'd find me a punk like Kyle to drive it for me while I chased bill fish.

12. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Some estimates put Dale Jr.'s net worth at $300,000,000.00 :eek:oooh:

13. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Jr. is a good driver. I think that he needs to have more time with his crew chief. After looking at the past three years. I really believe that Kanous is who really is the man in the #48 car. Jimmy can drive but chad is a genious. Look around the Hendrick camp. Chad is the seperationg reason behind the #48 car and the rest of the group. The #24, #5, #88 all have very capable drivers and I bet you put them with Chad and they would be contending.

Jr. tried to stay loyal to his family but it just proves that sometime nepatism is not a good thing.

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    He's had more success than alot of them.... but when he should have been concentrating on gaining experience and driving to push him to the next level he had distractions none of us can probably ever relate to. No other driver in nascar history has been subject to the pressure, publicity and expectations that Jr has. It's a double edge sword...One side no matter how he drives he'll always have a major sponsor and run in nascar....one the other side...some folks will always be comparing/judging him to to his daddy....

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  15. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    that is the whole problem, he let to many people think he was gonna replace his dad. that was a man that will be hard to replace as a driver. jr's fans hate the one driver that drives like SR. kyle busch is the only driver out there that will do anything to win. he hates 2nd place.

16. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    everyone there favor driver but you all putting the bracket like his dad was in yes i and dale jr and sr and yes i ahve the books movie on sr yes dale grandpa was hard on dale sr dale sr was not hard on kerry and kelly yes he was hard on jr cause he wanted dale jr to be like him think after his father death a daytona dale jr lost alot of his spark to race and plus look how long take for his evil stepmother to not sign him to dei