870 Sp-T 12.ga

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Jul 24, 2007.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Does anyone own/used the Remington 870 12ga. SP-T with the full Mossy Oak Obession camo job and Thumbhole stock? ive been lookin at this gun for a long time now and im thinkin about puttin back some and buying it by next spring for turkey and deer for the fall. anyone have any feedback on it?

2. silsbyj

silsbyj New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just own a standard 870 Super Mag and I would recommend one of these shotguns to anyone. Not that I mistreat my firearms but I have beat the crap out of this gun and it still works and looks like its brand new....minus a few scratches. Overall I think that the 870 is the ultimate "bang for your buck" shotgun.

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Jayson the 870, ya can't go wrong. I tried one at a turkey shoot last year & to be honest, don't care for the thumbhole stock. But that's just me. You might love it. I think the idea of the stock was to better position the hand for trigger control...but it's a shotgun, not a rifle. The best idea for shotguns in my life time is screw in chokes. Mossburg also makes a great turkey gun, & they were more in evidence than the Remington at the shoots. Very reliable and less cost than the Remington. I think the thumbhole stock I tried was an after-market on a 870, but looked to be the same thing to me. Just my opinion.

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I've got the Remington 870 Super Magnum Special Purpose. It is mossy oak, but it dosen't have the thumbhole stock. I can tell you one thing. You cannot beat a Remingtion 870. I have pretty much hunted everything with this gun and you can't go wrong. I also have a Browning BPS that I don't even use because it dosen't compare in my opinion. Why have all that pretty wood on a shotgun that is just going to get beatup anyway. In fact I bought a hastings turkey choke for it last year, and took it to a shooting match. I was the only stock gun there, Probably 30-40 pull down match guns, and I won the first two rounds. I couldn't be happier with it. JMHO, I think that Remingtion makes the finest pump shotgun period. A true workhorse.:smile2: