870 express magnum

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by tokie, Nov 13, 2006.

1. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    What does everyone think an 870 express magnum with both barrels is worth let me know

2. bigred

bigred New Member

State:
    indiana
    i use that same gun and i love it. here in indiana it is about 364 dollars

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    The express with a smoothbore deer barrel should be a little less than the rifled combo....I think right at 3 at Wally World. I haven't tried buckshot out of a rifled barrel. If it doesn't perform well I'd rather have the smoothbore short for "home use". I do know that I wished I'd have got the combo instead of the gun. But it is a fine shotgun for the money. Now I got to put out another $125 for the deer r/s barrel.

4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i use an 870 express magnum. 12ga. one of the best guns ive used in my opinion. i have the 26'' field barrle with the vent rib and bead sight, and the 17'' slug barrle with rifle sights. my only dislike about the gun is how it doesnt have the raised cheek piece like the deer versions of the gun. but its a damn good gun. 350 from gander mountain and the barrle i cant remember what it was, got it for my birthday.

5. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    i have a 870 express magnum but in 12 works real welll just got a 8 point with it saturday i use the smoothebore barel with the bead and vent rib but i put 2 screw on truglo sights since i was little when i got it and couldnt keep it level with the 1 sight

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I have the gun with both barrels but I have a scope mounted on it now and never take the slug barrell off. It was a great gun for shooting clays and birds with but when I upgraded shotguns I turned my 870 into a slug thrower, and it has done me very well.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Not a bad gun at all for being so economically.

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I've got the 870 Express Mag 20 gauge which does wonders and I also have the 12 gauge 870 Express Super Mag which holds the 3 1/2 in shells and it also does the job. The 20 gauge was my first shotgun and I have knocked down many birds and rabbits with it, I got my 12 gauge Super MAG about a year ago and use it for turkey and birds as well. Both gun also throws the slugs down range nicely as well.

chris