'87 JOHNSON25 hp killswitch problem

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by 4bratsdad, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 4bratsdad

4bratsdad Member

State:
    illinois springfield area
    i just bought this motor, didn't hear it run 1st, trusted the guy shame on me again, i had hard time killin it, pulled clip nothin, adjusted dial on tiller back &forth, nothin, does this sound like something inside tiller came undone? also water not sprayin out back thanks for any help, gonna buy muffs tomor and spray air see if hole is clogged. prev owner had boat out this year it's stickered 4 local lake, said it ran fine, i now know thats not true, im scared how bad im gettin hurt there few other probs, i'll work on these first model isj25rcur, serial eg241029 thank you

2. 4bratsdad

4bratsdad Member

State:
    bad waterpump, short in stick at button, fried wiring harness that had been rigged, broken plunger and previous owner had contacted this mechanic couple months ago about his johnson that had alot probs, that was the icing on the cake when this mechanic told me where guy worked, i think i'm gonna go back to my anger managment class and ask them why i was wrong for distrusting people, i really hurt myself to purchase this boat/motor and now i'm gonna have a bill that will hurt me more. lesson learned!!

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Anger management classes suck. Some people just need the crap kicked out of them, once in awhile.

No charge for that information:wink:

4. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    Well said Bob, A good ass beating usually helps a person to find their inner honesty :wink:

5. 4bratsdad

4bratsdad Member

State:
    thanks guys, they say what comes around goes around, but that dont help much when u went deeply into debt to get a rig to enjoy whats left the warm weather with your son catfishin, and this happens, i learned a lesson over this, got 2 excited shoulda new when he made excuses to run boat, will always test run a motor, the update is after expressing my dissapointment in a noncriminating way,and the fact that it is a shame law doesn't allow u to make sure he never does this again to anybody and how forward i look seein him fishin 4 his crappie this nov when i get off probation," hence the court orderd ang mgmt classes" he has PAID my repair bill,& i dont have to sell this boat 4 lawyer fees,&pay4 more them damn anger mgmt classes again!! they arrest u 4 assbeatin jerks & you end up sellin your guns and catboat 4 the bloodsuckers and never get to take ur sons huntin again! i've learned lessons, and i feel all giddy inside knowin i didnt have pursuade him to be honest!! goosh fraba, goosh fraba

6. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I would still wait for a cold dark night and then beat his ass. Don't forget to wear the mask. LOL Good job on keeping your cool brother. It just isn't worth it to get caught anymore. I know how you feel tho.