'85 blazer question

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by dinkbuster1, Jan 9, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have an '85 blazer full size with a 350 motor 4 barrel, 350 tranny that i keep around to pull the boat and carry the canoe. i was considering trading the intake and carb for a 2 barrel carb/intake to save on gas. it gets good mileage for what it is, the motor i replaced a few years back new and it only has about 20,000 on it. when im on the highway i can actually watch the gas guage moving lol. does it make much of a difference with a 2 barrel?

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Not alot of mileage would be gained with the swap. The four barrel doesn't really do anything unless you really get on it. Your just stuck with a gas guzzler. LOL

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You would have to change the gear ratio out in order to increase your milage.

If it has big tires on it this to will cause gas consumption to go up.

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i had 76 blazer with a 6 inch suspension lift and 35 inch super swampers with a 350 with a rockchester quadrojet and it would scream pass anything on the highway except the gas station....

5. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    IMO i would stick with the 4 barrel, the jet in the 2 front barrels are smaller and if you keep your toes outta the fan it will get better smilage than swapping out to a 2 barrel carb.. and you'l lose some horses with the 2 barrel.
    I used to race dirt track and would take the jets outta a 4 barrel (the back set) and put them in a 2 barrel for more fuel it seemed to help along with some port work to carb.