84 Ford Bronco II

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by johnliester, Aug 26, 2008.

1. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    I own an 84 Bronco II that I really love. It's taken me places no normal person should ever go. But as it ages it has a few problems. Gas mileage isn't too good at all. But the big problem right now is an oil leak. The front oil seal has taken to leaking. A lot. It spewed enough oil out to ruin my alternator, so it's time to fix it. My question is how big of a job is this going to be? Is it something I can do myself, or do I need to take it to a shop? Am also curious if I can put a carb off an 86 on this engine? Same engine size so I'm hoping it'll fly. I have had an 86 with a hole in the block given to me, and was hoping I could swap parts. Any ideas gang?? Thanks in advance, John.

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    bring it to my shop and we'll get u fixed up.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That front seal will not be too bad, don't know about the carb. Those things are tricky. You should just be able to pull the front of the motor off, loosen motor mounts/oil pan and slip the new one in. 1 day job

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. johnliester

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Channecatman, how much for the seal replacement? PM me with the reply. Thanks, John.

6. johnliester

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Thanks everyone for the replies!!! It is greatly appreciated!