80 lb channel catfish argument...lol

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Catfishboy1995, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    What do you guys think of this guy..look at the latest comments and im 2066241 talking to this fella and his name is hockey4life220...This is an interesting conversation...lmao!!!

[youtubevid]wXyRGg5yPM4[/youtubevid] ...80 lb channels my arse:big_smile::smile2::smile2::wink::eek:oooh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
  2. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I think he just don't know the difference between catfish species. Maybe he calls all catfish channel cats.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Where are you pointing to the conversation. I know those three on the boat and I don't think I ever heard one of them call it a channel.

My Bad I went to youtube and found what you were talking about.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  4. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    69 pounds...
    look it up in the igfa...
    i think it came out of the missouri river in 62':wink:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    More like 57-58lbs from Santee Cooper.

6. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    You guys can argue about what ever you think, but I was the camera man on that cold February morning and that is one of our staff that caught that Blue catfish and her name is Kristine Burke. She was one of the happest person that I have seen in a long time. The river is the Cumberland River about half way between Dover and Cumberland City, Tennessee. And she lost this one, and I would estmate that it more than 50 lbs. just to set the record straight. :cool2: :cool2:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They are discussing the World Record Channel Cat!

They are not referring to Kristine's catch.:smile2:

8. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    it is comment converstion...This guy is telling me that there is a world record channel weighting 80 lbs in branched oak and 5-60 lb channels are caught daily...But the world record is only 58 lbs fron santee cooper:cool2::cool2:

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    south carolina holds the world record channel cat it came out of moultrie in 1964

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If there was an 80lb channel cat I wouldn't be surprised if it was thrown back with the angler thinking they just landed a trophy blue.

11. Kat Head

Kat Head New Member

State:
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    Jason is right. The world record came from Lake Moultrie in South Carolina in July 1964. weighing in at 58lbs. at 47 1/2 inches long. Although anything is possible, most experts agree this will never be broken.

12. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    yea i agree...But this guy is asaying they catch 50-60 lb channels are caught there daily..and most days 2 or 3 of them..

13. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    yea but daily and this guy insists he know the difference and they are channels when there is no way..

14. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea that would be a monster channel

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH GREAT! I catch a 17# channel in my river the Delaware and I'm happy. LOL!

16. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I know a fellow who lives on a medium size creek that's loaded with brown bullheads about 10" to 18" and he swears they're channel cats. The tail is the first dead giveaway. The brownie will sometimes develop spots, but they don't look anything like spots on a channel. BTW, this is a good clean creek I'm talking about, and I like the taste of the bullheads better than the channels out of the lakes.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  17. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    I see the confusion here Catfishboy was arguing with someone who left a comment on this video he's not talking about the members in the video actually but the guy who was commenting right ??? :eek:oooh:
    36 lb 4 oz Sweet fish girl late Congrats again :big_smile:
    And I would ignore that dude Catfishboy cause he obviously doesnt know his cats and I dont care who you are your not catching big cats like that DAILY every weekend or so maybe depending on where you are but nobody is pulling that many hawgs EVERY DAY no way kids full of it prolly cant even snell a hook :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  18. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Yes it is in the comments...She got a big blue for sure...The guy in the comments is saying there are 80 lb channels in branched oak lake in lincoln nebraska

19. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Umm.. thanks guys. LOL

I haven't checked the comments on those videos in a long time. Guess I better go have a look.

Hopefully I'll have something better for them to talk about when I catch that one and get it in the boat next month. :wink: