'80 E75ERLCS Tilt and Trim Question

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by BKS72, Oct 28, 2006.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Just bought a 20' jon with the motor in the thread title on it. I doesn't have power tilt, but I bought a 3 wire tilt and trim unit off Ebay. Should fit, measurements are right and from what I can see in the factory service and parts manuals I have it's the right unit. My control unit doesn't have the tt controls on it, though. The unit didn't come with the soleniod. My question is if I get the solenoid, can I use a regular toggle like the aftermarket CMC units use until I get a different control setup? From what I can see in the elecrical schematics, I should be fine, but wanted to ask you guys. Thanks,

Branden

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sure, it can work. There's after market switches that mount to your steering wheel also.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Great, thanks. I'll get a new control unit before too long, but in the mean time I'd like to get it hooked. Thanks again!

Branden

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You don't need to get a new control unit, you just need the handle that will accept the T&T switch.

I wouldn't mess with the control box or handle. Just use what switch you get.