8 yr. old Grandson's First Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Gordhawk, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is a picture of one of the fish that my grandson caught on his first fishing trip. Thanks Dayton.

Attached Files:

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Don't pay any attention to the date on the picture. I don't know why that date is on there,because that picture was taken sometime in July of this year.

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here's another picture of my grandson from the same fishing trip.

Attached Files:

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sure is a nice fish! Bet he had a heck of a time! Tell him 'grats!

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Seems to me you have a future BOC member in the family. :big_smile:

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Your grandson did good.

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here's another picture of my grandson's first fishing trip.

Attached Files:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I would say it is the first of many trips for that young man. Looks like ya'll had a blast.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think you are right about that. I was pre-fishing last week for a tournament last Saturday,and he wanted to go with me pretty bad. I talked him out of going with me though,because I knew I'd be using different bait than I used when I took him,and the bites would probably be a lot slower,and I didn't want him to loose interest. Now he's going to be starting back to school next Wednesday,so I'll have to take him on a weekend. I really want to take him in October when the fish start schooling up for the winter. That's just about as good a fishing as right after ice out.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    It's Looks like to me like "He's Ready" & It also looks like he will do it like his "Grand Pa"!

"Good Job Buddy"!
    :006:
    Thanks for sharing :big_smile:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My hats off to you for teaching your grandson how to fish! Looks like he is thrilled and ready to go again!:big_smile:

12. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrads to that young man and to you for sharing fishing with him. I'm sure hes ready to go again. memories that will last forever are great

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glenn, glad to see you go those pictures up, they all look great. You got you a fine fishing buddy!

14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Looks like you guys did good, tell your Grandson congrats on his fish.

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Great Pics of your trip Glenn, and you know you did the correct thing on the 1st outing, thats how I fish with my Little girl, we fish for a bit, then well if it's time to go to the bank and look for shells, or throw rocks then thats where we head! Don't want to "bore" or burn them out. By the way I like that cleaning table ya got there.

16. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    Looks like he had a great time. Nice pics.

17. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had that cleaning table built about 3 years ago. I designed it and then had a friend of mine who runs a welding shop weld it together. Most of it was material I found at the salvage yard. The most expensive thing that I had to buy were the 2 swivel locking casters that I have on one end of the table. I think actual money that I have invested in the whole thing is about $125,and a little time rooting around at the salvage yard to come up with the materials. I just got tired of the wooden tables rotting out all of the time. With the swivel locking casters on 2 legs I can move it around anywhere I want to. My friend at the welding shop told me if I would have used all new materials to build that table,I would have between $400-$500 in it.

18. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hey I can believe that Glenn, but there is nothing wrong with spending a few hours "trollin" around the local salvage lot for them hidden treasures, been accused of have to much fun doing that :wink: Do ya have water hook up on yers?

19. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    No,I don't have water hooked up to my table. I guess I never thought about hooking up water to it,because like I said I very rarely use the table in the same spot in the yard. I don't like to work in the sun if I don't have to! If it is raining then I just roll it into the garage. If I had it hooked up to water,I wouldn't be able to move it around like I want to. If I had it sit up permanently,I would definitely have it hooked up to water. I also use it when I'm making sinkers. It just makes a very versatile table that can be used for about anything you want to use it for.

20. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on your grandson's fish, looks like he had a great time!
    Mike