8 yr. old Grandson's First Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Gordhawk, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm going to take my 8 yr. old Grandson fishing on the Mississippi River tomorrow for the first time. I hope we're able to get into a few fish. He has been looking forward to this since he got out of school. With little league baseball and other things going on we just haven't had a chance to go until now.

2. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Awesome, Hope you guys catch a bunch. I remember going with my grandad. He pretty much taught me about all I know about fishing. You are creating memories that will never be forgotten!!

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    :0a23: Best of luck to you and your grandson:big_smile:

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Yea"! - "Way to go Glenn"!

I remember how I looked foward to summer & going on that fishing with Grand-Dad. :006:
    :feel_good:

(But that was many, many, moons ago)
    :wink:

I know that he will have a go time out there, so keep us all posted on the trip & how things went out there.
    :smile2:

Good Luck Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Good for u Glenn, I hope he out fish you!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile:

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    While, I took my 8 yr. old grandson out fishing in the boat today for the first time. He had a great time,and we had pretty good luck fishing. We brought 14 nice channel cats home,with the biggest being 5 lbs. We caught 8 that were too small to bring home,so all in all he had a great time. Before today he had never tried using an open face spinning reel,and it didn't take him any time at all to get on to it. He was making some casts that would make some of the adults that I know envious. I think the biggest fish that he caught was about a 3 lber,but you would have thought it was a new world's record. I would imagine out of the 22 fish that we caught that he probably caught about half of them. I know that I was very proud of him,and I made sure that I told him that I was! I don't think I'll have to do any coaxing to get him to go again.

7. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sounds like yall had fun. Always a great time when you involve kids.:006::0a23:

8. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    that is awesome. u better have plenty of film becuase it will be a memory for him that lasts a lifetime.

9. vandellchuck

vandellchuck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thats really cool. i hope you guys catch some. so what pool will you be fishing?

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glen thanks for sharing your fishing trip with the grandson. Neither of you will ever forget that trip. Memories that will not go away. It also sounds like he can hold his own fishing. They sure learn fast.:big_smile:

11. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck to you. I hope he out fishs you.

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I took him last Friday,and he did catch as many fish as I did. I really didn't figure on fishing at all myself,but he was doing so good with his casting and everything else that I was able to do some fishing. I got more enjoyment watching him than I did catching fish myself. He had a great time and done a great job for his first fishing trip.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad you got to take your grandson out, those are memories that he will have forever.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like you both had a blast:cool2:. Thanks for sharing.