Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yippee! I've been smoking for 40 years and tried to quit more times than I can remember. Nothing worked until I tried Chantix, at the recommendation of one of our BOC brothers. It's been 8 weeks now and I don't even have a craving for a smoke. Now my wife is on Chantix. I hope it works as well for her as it did for me. I feel like I graduated last night. I had a couple glasses of wine and didn't want a smoke with them. That's the first time in my life I've had a drink without a smoke. If anyone is interested in quitting, try this stuff. If you are a veteran, you can get it for free at the V.A. Hosp.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats Billie!!! I also used Chantix, been smoke free since August..cant get hubby motivated to quit.He says he will someday, you have to be ready to do it, and I was!!!!!Hope it works for your wife too......keep us posted on the progress!!!:big_smile::cross:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Yippee! I've been smoking for 40 years and tried to quit more times than I can remember. Nothing worked until I tried Chantix, at the recommendation of one of our BOC brothers. It's been 8 weeks now and I don't even have a craving for a smoke. Now my wife is on Chantix. I hope it works as well for her as it did for me. I feel like I graduated last night. I had a couple glasses of wine and didn't want a smoke with them. That's the first time in my life I've had a drink without a smoke. If anyone is interested in quitting, try this stuff. If you are a veteran, you can get it for free at the V.A. Hosp.
You go, Billie! and next time, invite me over and i'll bring a nice bottle of chardonnay or merlot...or heck, whatever you prefer, and we'll talk about how dumb we used to be for smoking in the first place:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I been smoke free for 7 years now. Only smoked half dozen years or so. Feels good to save money that would otherwise go up in smoke eh? Just now I wonder where that money is! :smile2:

·
Registered
282 Posts
A friend of mine called me yesterday to remind me it was his one year anniversary of quiting smoking after 45 years! Also one year since he had a couple of stents put in his chest which was his motivator. Said it was best thing he'd ever done for himself and his non-smoking wife. I quit years ago after watching my favorite uncle die in the hospital wasting away from a big strapping guy to nothing.

They claim it's tougher than quiting heroin. Good job and don't fall off the wagon!

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You go, Billie! and next time, invite me over and i'll bring a nice bottle of chardonnay or merlot...or heck, whatever you prefer, and we'll talk about how dumb we used to be for smoking in the first place:big_smile:
Sounds good Phil. I got a couple bottles of Merlot I think you'd like. We could sit and talk about religion and politics while we wait for the catfish to bite and laugh about how long it took us to quit! LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.