Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get some Bigger J hooks if anyone is looking for a Bigger J hook then most can get on the market.
Some like this one from 8/0 to 12/0

Then one in 8/0 to 14/0 its a Tuna Hook also.
If there's enough people looking for these type hooks I can start stocking them. Or better yet save you some cash. If you Pre order then I get them with a normal order then ship them out. As this saves us from having to stock them. Thus saving you more cash.
Pete

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have bought some 10/0 and 7/0 Mitzuo sickle hooks from you and they look like they will work great for different sized baits. I have also bought some 10/0 and 8/0 Gamakatzu "big river" sickle hooks. I would really like to find a sickle hook in between these sizes; like a 9/0 sized sickle hook. The 9/0 j-hooks I have seen in the past have been made by too thick wire, and I worry about penetration and possibly weighting down the bait too much. The 8/0 big river seems to be the best fit so far, but I would love to find a hook slightly larger with the same gauge forged wire!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have bought some 10/0 and 7/0 Mitzuo sickle hooks from you and they look like they will work great for different sized baits. I have also bought some 10/0 and 8/0 Gamakatzu "big river" sickle hooks. I would really like to find a sickle hook in between these sizes; like a 9/0 sized sickle hook. The 9/0 j-hooks I have seen in the past have been made by too thick wire, and I worry about penetration and possibly weighting down the bait too much. The 8/0 big river seems to be the best fit so far, but I would love to find a hook slightly larger with the same gauge forged wire!
I'm with you a 8/0 sickle would be great. But not out there, I looked in to ordering them and was going to have to order 25,000 of them to get the 8/0's.
So unless I can find them somewhere else. Not going to happen as thats way more then I can sink into hooks and hope they will sell.
Just like the 10/0 Sickle's lots of people were all over the ideal. So I stuck my neck out putting way more then I could stand in them. And still have some of them left. But I have found a guy that can make me a hook in what ever type and style I want and only have to order 5000 but at this time Its way more then I can come up with on something I may have to sit on for months if not a year or more to get it sold.
Thanks for the post and I'm working on the 8/0 sickle just not sure when and where. Check out the 8/0 Charlie browns there a great hook & we have them in 10/0,9/0,8/0,7/0,6/0 and 5/0, There a cross between a Circle and a kahle hook.
Pete

·
Registered
341 Posts
I already bought some 8/0 "big river" sickle hooks from catfish connection. I am just looking for something in between these 8/0 and the 10/0 "big river" hooks. I will look at the 9/0 J hooks, I just don't like the real thick hooks.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already bought some 8/0 "big river" sickle hooks from catfish connection. I am just looking for something in between these 8/0 and the 10/0 "big river" hooks. I will look at the 9/0 J hooks, I just don't like the real thick hooks.
Check these hooks out I think they will fit the bill. There not a Sickle hook but man there a great Hook that you can fish like a Circle hook or a Normal hook. Cross there eye's or allow the fish to load the rod up for you.
Wild Wolf Products
Also don't take my word for them, read this post about them. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/f288/awsome-hooks-service-144394.html
Pete

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I'm with you a 8/0 sickle would be great. But not out there, I looked in to ordering them and was going to have to order 25,000 of them to get the 8/0's.
So unless I can find them somewhere else. Not going to happen as thats way more then I can sink into hooks and hope they will sell.
Just like the 10/0 Sickle's lots of people were all over the ideal. So I stuck my neck out putting way more then I could stand in them. And still have some of them left. But I have found a guy that can make me a hook in what ever type and style I want and only have to order 5000 but at this time Its way more then I can come up with on something I may have to sit on for months if not a year or more to get it sold.
Thanks for the post and I'm working on the 8/0 sickle just not sure when and where. Check out the 8/0 Charlie browns there a great hook & we have them in 10/0,9/0,8/0,7/0,6/0 and 5/0, There a cross between a Circle and a kahle hook.
Pete
Pete you said here you still have some of the 10/0 sickles left but i don't see them on the site. if you have some of the sickles bigger than 7/0 let me know if you would sir.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete you said here you still have some of the 10/0 sickles left but i don't see them on the site. if you have some of the sickles bigger than 7/0 let me know if you would sir.
Go to out page. Wild Wolf Products Then scroll down the sickle hook page right below the 7/0 Red Sickle hooks is where the 10/0 Sickle hooks are at on the page. Need to update it as soon as I get my page loader back up. For some reason MY FTP loader is down and they can't get it working again.
Pete

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thanks........I like the looks of them.....I just wish I could see them next to a Gammie circle of same size. It annoys me that every hook brand is different for each size.

What's the largest size that still has an eye on the hook instead of the flat eye that needs the ring?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.