8.6 lb. Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by jason berry, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I know this is a catfishing site but, I had to show this monster off I caught a few hours ago. I hadnt caught anything in about 45 minutes and this is my honey hole I always tear the bass up in this spot. But, i was reelin in my light green buzz bait i usually use black but, i was tryin out the green today when this monster nailed the lure so hard when i wasnt payin attention that the end of my rod went into the water I knew I had a big one when I set the hook. He started goin every direction he could but i was wadin and I was goin with him. then i seen him come out of the water he had the mouth of a 10 pounder i almost drop my pole tryin to get my hand in his mouth then i got him and hes a beauty. The bass weighed on the digitals at 8.6. I took my big cat off my profile for a couple days so I could show the pics. ive been tearing the bass up for about two months now on top water its been so good I havent used anything else but today was the first day ihad went because its been so hot but the front was coming in today so I went and it payed off.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Nice fish, I've been fishing for Bass a lot in the pond beside my house, some big ones in there. I've also been using topwater baits, caught a few from 5-7lbs lately. Using Buzz baits, and Devil Horses. But the best bait has seemed to be the weedless topwater popper frog, the Bass have been hanging out right in the weeds.

3. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Whoa, nice catch man. Thanks for shareing..

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Thank ya, Im going out again tomorrow the weather is supposed to be great.

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Nice catch. Are you going to get him mounted or did you release him? This is the first year I have been targeting bass a little more, my best is a 3lb bass in cumberland city.

6. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I normally always practice CPR but, Im puttin this one on the wall.

7. Nermal

Nermal New Member

Nice Pic, thanks for sharing.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the nice catch!!!

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice fish brother! thanks for the pic!

10. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    That is a nice bass.I believe I would get it mounted also.

11. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Did you know that a 25 lb flathead could eat that thing whole????
    Some poor flathead has been letting that ba@@ get fat for years and you have just blown the whole thing! How would you like it to raise a cow only to have something come along and take it just as it was getting good and juicy?

Just kidding ba@@ dudes!!!

I caught one that size in 1982.
    For me, that was the ba@@ of a life time, certainly very difficult to beat for sure!
    Nice catch and congrats!