8/4 Some wut not skunked

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MiseryMike, Aug 4, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Brian And i hit the missouri river tonight, started off at a pond in gladstone for some bait but they didnt want to bite, So headed to the river, Put in @291 ran around for a few mins trying to get a asian carp, That didnt work so we headed up river to start fishing with worms for bait, Brian got a hit at the same time i did too, He pulled in a little channel <i think>, And i got what we were looking for :smile2: bait, First carp i have ever caught so had to snap a photo on that one, Ran up river hit a few more spots and brian got a good hit got him a flathead on cut bait. :crazy: We caught a few other things than what we were looking for 2 Gar 2 Carp 1 Drum 1 Channel and His Flathead. Stupid storms/lighting ran us outta there around 4 this moring :sad2:. All in all was a good night since we have gotten skunked two or three other times we have gone fishing, Still skunked on catching a blue or flathead myself but catching something and being witness to someone catching a catfish is worth it. Thanks Brian For Letting me Tagg along with you Had Fun. Brian can probbly add to the story a lil better than me im worn out and ready for some Sleep lol.

Attached Files:

2. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Sounds like you guys had a fun night out. Way to go:smile2:

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I'm beat, too. Gotta take a nap b4 I can type clearly. I do like how your camera (I won't tell everyone it's pink, shhh) makes me look all fit and tan. Gonna have to get some more pics of me:cool2:

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
  5. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    LoL You Forgot About the Pink Jigs I have too :smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the fish and just remember, a bad night fishing is better than a good day working anytime:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and better luck with the flatties next time:wink:

7. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Well, I wasn't gonna mention all your pink gear. Not sure I really wanted to know:crazy:! I was just glad to see you stop bringin all that bad karma to my boat; now that you got thru that goin home not stinkin like fish barrier, all we gotta do is add a little cat-smell to it. BTW, your gar did manage to run three teeth down the side of my thumb. And yes, my wife's hands were stinkin from the steering wheel after she took the trucklet to work:smile2::smile2: Hah, she loves that:smile2::smile2:

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  9. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    We'll get you one day, Jon. Maybe by then you'll be off the crutches; I'm always taking auditions for a good anchor puller:smile2: Mike's pretty good, but his gf would not be pleased if'n he takes a dip off the bow. I think the most exciting thing you missed is when we had a little bit of lightning coming up behind us, yet had a lot of lightning in the direction of the ramp! Decisions, decisions....

10. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    LoL the Lighting was cool to see up till the one bolt that blinded me for a few seconds :smile2::smile2: at the same time trying to get to the boat ramp its in eyes sight then boom you think the driver hit a wing dike :smile2::big_smile: silly sticks trying to wedge up someones prop that one was hidin under the water :wink: Still working on mel i think we can get her out on the river during daylight, i know she hooks into a flat or blue that puts up a good fight she will be hooked and be on here talking too. She gets more excited than i do when i catch dem channels :roll_eyes: