8:30 Feb 24th

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by smokey, Feb 24, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This morning I had to drive to town,and to my suprise I saw 23 boats fishing between The clifton marina and beech creek, thats alot of traffic for that time.I dont know what they were fishing for but they were in deep water,and appered to be jigging.Saugers?
    smokey

2. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Smokey, they are everywhere from Pickwick to Saltillo too. Some are still sauger fishing others are loading up on the little stripes. I was on the river last week about 1'2 hr before sunup and there were a lot of boats on the water. I think I was the only one catfishing. Good for me!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Must have been some type of event, that is a crazy number of boats for this time of year. I am surprised if I see 5 on the weekend and its warm here in Georgia

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shoot during the week here this time of year. Every boat ramp has plenty of turcks and trailers parked in them. Its nothing to see 50 boats fishing one spot.
    Sauger fishing is a big deal here, Monday there was 56 trucks in one parking lot at Noon.:cool2: And more putting in .
    Smokey there wearing the Sauger out right now while we have current. But they are cutting it off at 10 am now. Also White bass are thick and easy to catch. Got a report that 2 guys caught a limit of Big slab crappie north of you Monday also.:wink: Man I need to work time in where we can go get them. I was hoping to get up to your house Smokey and fish. Not sure its going to happen.:sad2:
    Pete

5. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    Wish I lived close I would fill up my freezer with sauger.

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its times like this I wish I did my winter upkeep on my boat in the winter.I think if I get off my butt,I will be able to fish this weekend.
    Pete, take care of yourself,and we will be on the river in no time.
    smokey

7. Squatchy07

Squatchy07 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Where are you guys fishing around that section of the river? I've put in three weekends over the past couple of months and haven't had the luck we usually do. I usually put in around Saltillo or maybe as far down as Riverstone at the bridge, but I almost always fish somewhere in between those two ramps. We've boated two around forty, but only about ten totaland most are 20 or less. Usually this time of year it's a little better than that for us.

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish between Martin landing and mousetail landing.
    smokey