8/27 Trip- Shutes

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfish_Scooter, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well this evening I wanted to go out to fish so I was thinkin'... "man I dont know if these skipjack are gonna work, hence they havent been for awhile now, so I said heck i'm gonna make some homeade doughballs so i did and topped them with a lil vanilla extract and then took an ol' piece of spam to try as well.. got good hits on it all, they stripped me so lightly that time I thought I didnt have bait on I didnt. Had fun anyway. :cool2: Goin again Sunday with some chicken liver/shrimp. Also gonna run to walmart and restock and buy me a castnet LOL.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks for the report AJ, good to mix it up a little if your goto bait is'nt working. I tried to get you some bean worm but I couldn't find any more.

3. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah, and thats ok man I just wanted to try someday.. theyll come to me sooner or later:smile2:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Aj if you dont have alot experience throwing nets make sure you get the smallest one fer starters it will pay later (LOL) trust me on this one(LOL)

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was showing him how to throw it this past weekend..Yeah I told him to get a little 4 footer and practice throwing it in the yard..Ole AJ was tripping out @ how I was catching that bait..Even caught a small largemouth on one cast..

6. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    And now I have that gut feeling im gonna go out and net in hundreds of threadfin/gizzards lord have mercy im set.:smile2:

7. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Lost mine at Cordell Hull Dam, I let it go down to deep and got caught up on rocks.

8. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    LOL Me too!! when the water was up really high this past may and they where running the gens non stop!! the water just grabbed it and took off !! hung on a rock
    :smile2:

9. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry to hear of the losses gents, they dont come cheap!:eek:oooh: