7FT uglystick catfish mh any good

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by FATDAD, Feb 22, 2009.

1. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    hello, i am new here and wanted to know about the 7" ugly stick catfish rod . they ar mh and 10 to 30 pound line. i found 5 of them at walmart on clearence for 15.00 a piece.. the lady tried to tell me the were priced wrong..but after a talk with manager i won. i think it was a pretty good deal. but after buying 9 roda and 5 reels in two weeks my wife thinks i have enough new stuff.. but what does she know anyway:wink:

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Definitely a good rod for the money. i've got quite a few of them.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got a couple of them and I like them personally. Last year I caught a 47.9 lb Bluecat on one with a spinning reel and 20# mono, fishing from the bank. The rod performed flawlessly.:cool2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles Welcome to the BOC. Congrats on finding a great buy, on a good rod.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    That's a heck of a deal. They are great rods, I like mine a lot .

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yep they are great rods esp at that price. i got some for that price (walmart clearance) so im shure you were right. id assume you bought all they had and i probaly would have too. great find :wink:

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    You got a great deal. I have a few and they are great rods for the money. :cool2:

8. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Good rods for the money, I have a few of them.

9. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Great find FatDad. Never caught a 47+ lber on mine but has never fail me. YET! Hoping to have it happen some day tho.
    Welcome to the BOC.
    :0a23:​

10. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I like those rods, I caught a 17 lb channel on a ugly ultralite, I have the catfish series also, never had aproblem with them, till this year hey operator broke 2 ugly sticks 1 on the 1st time out and the other on the 2nd time out. they are made overseas now but they sent us new ones. she didnt even really get into them hard either the 2nd one I happened to be watching,snapped right into

11. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Yeah thats a pretty good deal. They are cheap but there good poles.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They are good rods, I have a few of them...just wish they made them longer like 12-14 feet.

13. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Where am I when all these sales go on?? I love my Ugly Stick Catfish rods. I've never broke one, and the catfish don't seem to know the difference between those and the expensive ones. I save my money for the Ambassadeur reels. Expensive custom rods may stroke the ego, but they don't catch fish any better.

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I cant say that I fish exclusively with Ugly Stiks, but I do own quite a few of them. Ive never broke one while fishing.:eek:oooh:
    Those that you bought, will have some great backbone for either haling in bait, or your personal best. And for that price, this is an awesome deal!:wink:

15. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I know about those Walmart deals on fishing rods... I bought 5 Berkeley Big Game rods on clearance for $11.00 each. 1 - 7 foot 6 inch, 1 - 7 foot, and 3 - 6 foot 6 inch.