7ft berkley lightning rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by redneckchev, Mar 17, 2008.

1. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    how would a 7ft MH berkley lightning rod work catching some decent sized cats.lure wt:1/4-1 1/4 and line wt:10-25lb.was just kind curios on how well they would do.found a good deal on them for $21.00 a peice.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hi Jon. I owned a Berkley Lightning Rod. It's a good quality rod for the price. Mine was a 6' model. med light. I used it for White Bass, Crappie, light duty catfishing. The rod held up well.

:0a26::006:

Mark..

3. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    good job on that fish:smile2:

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have used the 7' mh action "lightening" rods for cats up to 40lbs in open water. Mine have held up well. Great rods for the money, if you dont try to go too big on your sinkers and baits and moderate current.:wink:

5. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I jig for big flats with my mh action Lightning rod, It can stand up to some bruisers...

6. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Well, the Georgia state record of 83lbs was caught on one with a Garcia 6000 and 50lb Spiderwire. I'd say that it would hold up. I've got one and I like it quite a bit.

7. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks for the replies.i think i will go ahead and get me 2 or 3 of them.cant go wrong for 21.00 each.

8. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    yeah man go for it:cool2:

9. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    they are good all around rods. i used them for channels for years, i found one i like better for all my catfishing that is cheaper. It is Tournament Choice at Academy. Only $12 it is a "popping" rod, what ever that means.

That rod is my second choice to Catfish Safari rods, but much lower price.
    Dont get me wrong the CS rods are 100times better but i just cant drop that much per rod right now.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I thinks a good for the money, but I would only use it for Channels. I like have E-glass and have grapithe rods for the bigger cats.