797C2I SI Ebay or Dealer?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Grimpuppy, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I am going to take the plunge and get a 797C2I SI. It will be the version without the maps and I will buy a 2008 south card. Should I buy one off ebay for around $850 or buy one from a dealer for the MSRP of $999. Obviously the dealer route has its advantages. Service after the sale, a place to take it back to if it is broke, and you give them money they hand you the unit. With ebay, you hope it isn't a refurbished item, you hope you get it, and if it is broke when you get it, most of them will tell you to contact the manufacture. I have been buying on ebay for almost 10 years now and only got the shaft once for about $30. But ebay is more and more scams then ever was. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to save $100? Or has anyone bought one from ebay that can recommend a seller?

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I just sent you a PM on a good place to get a Humminbird.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Ordered it this morning. Thanks again David

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Jay.....it looks like ya answered your own question!!:tounge_out::wink: Help will always appear my friend....enjoy that graph:wink:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jay, good luck with the new graph :cool2:.

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Your welcome, glad I could help you save a few $$$.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

7. cowboyd

cowboyd New Member

State:
    il
    I am dealing with the same type issue and agree the best price I have fround.....non=ebay is around $860 from what appears to be a reaonably reputible dealer would certainly appreciate knowing if there is a way to save a few bucks.

Dick

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I bought a 997 from probably the same place Big Day did and am pleased with the price and the unit is NEW and UNTOUCHED. They don't advertize here so I won't post the address. I found a couple "really good deals" on several other sites and they didn't include a transducer, so be very careful. If you want the address - I'll pm it to you, or Google nerd