Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read today in the Oklahoman Outdoors Section that Lesley McNeff, with his father, of Mustang caught a 78-pound flathead on a trot-line at Kaw Lake. Using whole shad. First official record for Kaw Lake.

Nice photo showing MeNeff holding the monster flathead!:smile2:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it was caught on March 8, 2008.

I'd scan the photo for you...but, I don't want to get in trouble!!:cool2:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The fish was caught by a girl, she is an employee of the Oklahoma Wildlife Department and has many great deer kills to her name.
Whoops! I guess I should have been looking closer at the young lady's face instead of at the flathead!:roll_eyes:

My apologies to Ms. Lesley McNeff!:eek:oooh:

Isn't it wonderful that a daughter would want, and enjoy, going fishing with her father!:smile2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whoops! I guess I should have been looking closer at the young lady's face instead of at the flathead!:roll_eyes:

My apologies to Ms. Lesley McNeff!:eek:oooh:

Isn't it wonderful that a daughter would want, and enjoy, going fishing with her father!:smile2:
Time with my Dad, thats what got me hooked on fishing. He's always worked so hard he never got 2 fish enuf 2 b good at it. Now its me takin him 2 the hunny holes and getting him on those beauties!!! Last spring I got him into his first sandbass run! He and my mother were pulling them in left and right, they were hoopin and hollerin. mom was shaking so badly i thot she was having a heart attack but she was jus that excited! Every time company comes he pulls out the pics. That was one of the very best days of my life!!! I lov having the opportunity 2 share my lov for fishing with my family. Its jus another benefit 2 a great sport. If i could jus keep em outta my tackle box....:wink:

As for Lesley McNeff, she is my new hero.:worship: You Go Girl!!
Great story- thank you for sharing.

I havnt been fishing or catching much lately, I needed some inspiration.:dribble:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.