75$ Cat caught

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by paleocaver, Sep 1, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    75$ out of my pocket that is. A 3 month old cat we keep around for mice found my skipjack rig and managed to get one of those small hooks in its mouth. Despite my urging to just shoot the cat the wife took it to the vet. Damn things wild, they had to sedate it to get the hook out. Great way to start the weekend

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    shoot the cat for being curious???

3. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have cat story just like that my dad had his rods hanging on the wall,and the cat jumped up playing with the hook and got it stuck in its upper lip.Just like if you were fishing for the real thing.The cat was just hanging off the floor by the hook.So had to cut the line then cut the barb off the hook and pull the hook off.The stupid cat never went back around those rods again.lol

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

One of my dogs about killed itself when he knocked over one of my rods and the hook stuck him in the tail he took off running scared trying to get away from the big bad that had hold of him. I was laughing so hard I almost wet my pants. Needless to say when I am messing with my rods and reels are even a tackle box he hides in the other room.

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    sorry guys that sucks i would have a hard time spending money on a strey,or wild cat

6. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    .10 is a lot better then 75$ in my book any day.

7. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    You know what they say..... Curiousity killed the cat!:hell_boy:

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    A REAL MAN would have held the Cat while someone removed the hook.Heh,heh,ho,ho he he,ha ha.peewee-williams

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Sorry but if the cat is wild....and was in that situation....we would've gotton a .22. Yes, curiosity would've killed the cat.

10. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Ohhhh sure likely story, you heard that cats attract catfishes didn't ya? ok spill the beans i have a big brownish cat that tortures my bulldogs,I jus wanna know how to hook emm with out getting scratched up too bad.

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I would have to say............. BANG!

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    it always amazes me how easly some people freely admit that they are heartless.

13. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sounds like it would have made a nice catch for the wall:roll_eyes:

14. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN

next time u get a hook in you Scott y dont some blow your brains out put you out of Ur misery..just my opinion

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    put a small fish on the line wont be long till its hooked too lol and thats how you catch cats lol

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ouch, that sucks. Poor cat would of been MIA for sure!!!

17. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Man it seems like some of y'all have had some bad luck with your pets sorry to here that. Good luck with your cat yoiu will continue to have problems with it they get into everything and I swear them things are inbred or retarded or something.

18. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Relax folks. The part about shooting the cat was in jest. Come on. I've not had this much hate mail since I threatened to eat a 75 pound flathead (oops, just kidding there too - I'd have to cacth one first:lol:.) When I said the cat's wild. I meant wild because it was in pain. That's all. You'll not find a more caring person that I when it comes to his animals (actually the cat is my 6 year old son's).

19. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    we had something similar happen to a lab we once owned, he always liked to lick the garage floor and one day he got a little to close to the tackle boxed and BOOM had a hook THROUGH his tongue. took about 3 hours cuz they ran out of sedatives... but we got a discount cuz they did run out of sedative..

20. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Don't feel bad Scott! Our cat got a bladder stone last year. My wife took him to the vet. A week later and a $900.00 vet bill and he's much better!!!:crazy: Dang cat better be glad I was overseas workin' during that time!:roll_eyes: I ain't never even heard of a cat in intensive care!! :sad2: It wouldn't be so bad if the cat actually liked me! After I've been gone for a month at a time, the first thing the cat usually does is pee in my offshore bag when I get home! Guess it just wants to show me his bladder ain't blocked no more!:tounge_out: So don't feel so bad about a $75.00 bill! It coulda been worse!!!:smile2: