74lb Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gotabig1, Sep 14, 2009.

1. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    a guy caught a 74lb flaty out of san carlose last weekend:crazy:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Pics?

3. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    a buddy told me there is some pics on azbasszone. i guess he caught it on a rubber worm and 14lb test

4. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    i believe it! that is a prime fishing hole right now!

5. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
  6. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
  7. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i read in the article that they ate it,filleted it out and only got 25 pounds of meat,where did the rest of it go?

8. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Figures, some dude goes out in the daylight fishing for bass with a rubber worm and catches the fish we all spend our lives trying for. :eek:oooh: Nice fish though for sure, I gotta hit that lake up sometime but its a looooong ways from here.

9. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    right! and those mono guy are going to love this cause it says that he caught it on 14lb. but the thing is that he never took the fish to a certified scale so who knows how much it really weighed but it is a big fish.:crazy: i bet its the one that broke jasons line:eek:oooh:

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    fish aint ever been caught before it probably came on in to see what was up lmao!

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well, we are giving Jason another shot at a big one tonight! Hope he connects to a toad!!! Going to my favorite spot of all time with Overkil, Jason, and great friend of mine Frank, and myself, Not San Carlos, but I think it is better! Mono is fine in open water, I would love to see anyone use even 40 pound mono in the area Im going tonight. One spot I go to, the water is like three feet deep, but 30 yards out it drops almost strait into a hole that is 20 feet deep. if a fish connects your line rubs on that shelf and by by fish! To many sharp rocks, and that is the problem with mono, one tiny knick, and the line loses its integrity. Of course he caught it when he was bass fishing, Its like vinny383, took him the first time to a local spot to fish for flatheads, and First fish of night was a 26 pound 14 ounce striper! Inland water state record that got filleted before we knew it was a record!!!!!! But we got the pics and a witness so oh well.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Some people have all the luck!:angry:

World record caught by a crappie fisherman?
    PA state record caught by a walleye fisherman?

13. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hay rob i thought u guys were going to make plans to go up to the salt? what side of town do u live in?

14. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I go everywhere bro! I go out about three times a week. Im in East Mesa what about you? In fact what are you doing tonight? PM me your number, and lets go catch some hawgs

15. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That was one nice fish!

16. Time to go bass fishing brother! Hahahaha..

17. catfishing2201

catfishing2201 New Member

State:
    Papillion,Nebra
    74#er, thats not a record for flathead in Az?

18. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    congrats to him i hope i go out and catch a state record bass now with 130lb tuff line.theres 2 st records here in az why i dont know guess that answers my ? bout launchin a boat at san carlos.i wonder what part of the lake he got it in just to see if it was in river or by dam.

19. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    If he caught it anywhere near that picture, that is west of the Dam, and North of the Boat Launch

20. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    the fish and game website says that the state record is 71#