73 40hp rude

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by river scum, May 30, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    guys my motor spits and coughs at idel,but runs good throdled up. i noticed a bit of oil running down from the top crank seal. could it be bad alowing air to be sucked into the cc? is there anything i can do to test this or should i look elswere? i have a buddy that has a seal puller so it wont be that bad of a change but i thoutght i would ask before getting into it.

thx guys!

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey guys did you miss my post,or are you ignoring me? lol j/k

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Sorry I missed this one. If you see oil comming from the seal then by all means replace it.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I wasn't sure so I asked about your problem and was told it shouldn't affect the idling.

Look through out your fuel system. From your gas and tank, to cleaning your carb and all hoses.

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had that problem with a 25 hp evinrude, everything was OK in the motor, but the carb would load up and cause the engine to sputter and sometimes die. What I did was change my 2 cycle oil to a synthetic oil. I noticed the difference right away. I bought a measuring container a Walmart, and mixed it as exact as I could( I bought a 5 gallon gas can just for this purpose). I have convinced several people around here to change over to the synthetic oil. I have also noticed that I no longer leave a big cloud of smoke anymore. Hope this helps. Andy

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats ok guys i realise we all miss stuff. thanks for the advise,ill check elswhere for the problem.