Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Nickajack Lake on the TN River on Sunday 03-09-08 and only caught 3 fish. All 3 were nice, but one was a hawg. I wasn't even paying attention and all the sudden I heard my drag buzzin'. After about 20-30 mins. I finally got this 71 lber in the boat, and it wasn't easy by myself. I caught it on a big chunk of cut carp fillet and the water temp was about 51 degrees. I want to thank Mr. Jay Martin who was passing by in another boat and stopped and took some pics for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
nice fish , it makes ur avatar look like a beast though!!! sure thats only an 80lber????

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thats an awesome fish where ever your fishing you got the spot for the blues. What water temp do you like best for catching the big blues because Im doing something wrong. I went out today using skipjack fishing a very deep hole that holds big fish and nothing just some little bites. Ive been having this problem basically all winter. Ive caught two cats over 20# in the last couple months. its colder here the water temp was 39.5-40 degrees today. This whole week were supposed to warm up so maybe that will bring me some luck. The river is on the rise and not supposed to crest until friday.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Great catch, David... I'll bet the river level dropped noticeably when he came out of the water...:cool2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice catch David.........I need to get back up that way soon.....I love it up there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.