71 degree weekend in january

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Fastman, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Hi all.
    Im new to the brotherhood today.
    I have been catfishing for about 3 years now, and still learning all the time.
    So, a 71 degree day in january gave me the itch... real bad. So I started surfin and found this site. I have been reading it all day, and I gotta say this site has a weath of info all over it.
    I was wanting to know if any of the local guys got to go out today and if they noticed the cats were a bit more active than normal.
    Thanks and I hope to get to know you all real good.
    Fastman

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Don, Welcome to the BOC, as you have already found out. Lots of info on here. Talk about anything ya want to know about and a Brother will give ya a good answer or two.

3. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    I went out on Saturday for the majority of the day and only got one bite. I imagine it was probably just a gar but who knows. I tried a variety of baits with little luck. I should have just taken the boat out but the spot I like to fish is pretty far from the boat ramp.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome aboard Don
    Allways good to see new Missouri guys here. I see you fish on LOZ, I'm up at Warsaw. Lots of very good info in here, hope to sea you out there.....

5. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    My inlaws just bought their 3rd house at the lake, near the Hurricane Deck Bridge. We are getting a dock put on it soon. I have fished LOZ extensivly the last couple of years from the shore only. I just bought my first fishing boat and i am sure this season coming up is going to be the most exciting catfishin season yet, for me anyway. :)

6. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went out with my dad after work Sat. at 291 hwy on the Mo. We used cut/live gills (couldn't get any shad), liver, worm. Well I got my first fish on the MO. Was thinking that it was empty. I got a 2lb buffalo off of worms. Man I was hoping for a big cat to hit off the cut bait but the worm got me not skunked.

Dave

7. jaybird3880

jaybird3880 Guest

I hope you only plan on fishing in your new boat early morning and in the evening around that aera of the lake. Or it will be a very exciting boat ride to say the least.

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    welcome aboard.Gotta say,that suks that it was 71 there.Makes it hard to call home and rub it in while I'm in Fl.on vacation,its about 43 right now,but will be up to 75 later.

9. cheeseheadking

cheeseheadking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome Don. Glad that your here with us. Any help you need just let us know.