7000iCS PRO ROCKET or 7000C3i

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Jb1z, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    Which one is better ?

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff. Haven't used the 7000C3i but absolutely love my 7000 Pro Rockets. From casting to fighting to retrieve they're hard to beat and handle big weights and bigger fish with ease. I'm sure you'll like either. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they are very close to being the same reel, I would give the edge to the rocket, by just a little.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Jeff, Welcome to the BOC, both are good reels if its a Abu.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use both & there is very little if any difference . :wink:

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would have to say it depends on what type fishing you are doing. They are both great reels. I have the Pro Rocket 7000iCS and have never used the 7000C3i, but I do use the 6500 Pro Rocket and 6500c3. Casting distance is always better with the Pro Rocket. So if you are bank fishing with a need for distance, I would buy the Pro Rocket. If you are fishing from a boat I would save a little money and buy the C3i. Your in a can't lose situation. Good luck.

7. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I have 7000C3's and 7000iCS PRO ROCKET's like both. But like the rocket better! And my dealer the price is the same for the iCS PRO ROCKETas the C3i. I do not have a C3i and why would I for the price differance?

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Jeff, Welcome to the BOC, both are good reels , but if I had to choose one I would say the rocket .

9. Norseman

Norseman New Member

State:
    Norway
    Just got the 7000iC3. The two are more or less identical. So I chose the iC3, simply becouse I liked the looks of it better. And now after I got it I am practically in love with it :big_smile:

10. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well Norseman , if I was choosing on looks alone the pro rocket would win because black reels just look cool to me.

Thanks for all the help , I think I'll choose the pro rocket.