7000iCS One Bad Reel..

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Flamekeeper, May 19, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I had just before Christmas purchased one of these 7000iCS Pro Rockets along with a 6600ext, well the 179.95 ext, that could have been bought for 80. just wasn't worth a dime to me, so Its going back into the box for someones present this year.:wink:...

BUUUTTT!!!! The 7000iCS PRO ROCKET, I loaded today with 30#ande and set it on the seeker SU90 Surf. Put a 9" weighted slipfloat on and a extra 1/2oz steel.all together maybe 3 1/4oz.. adjusted the spool a little and took her out back.

Bro-s I dropped it down about 3' from the tip and just lobbed it straight forward and I'm hear to tell ya.The thing casted at least 100yrds on 3 different casts,without even trying to get the distance:eek:oooh: Big surprize to me. No tellng how far I can cast this thing on open water.:wink:

I just wished I would have bought another one of these instead of ordering that ext, because I bought them back to back the same day seperately, to get the free ABU fishing jackets with each purchase over 150.

You live and learn.....I'm definately going to get me another, maybe 3 more. :wink:

How many of you guys own this 7000iCS Pro Rocket, and what do you think of the reel?

2. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got two 6500 records and love them. I need more line so I have been researching which 7000 to buy for months. The Pro Rocket is the one I decided on and am waiting for it to get here. Glad to know I made a good decision as there not exactly cheap.:embarassed:

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I've got one of the 7000iCS prorockets. To me there is no better reel made. The guys I fish with tell me I'm going to have to buy license for the next state if I'm going to keep casting that far.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I don't have the Pro-Rocket, but, I do have 2 of the Gold colored High Speed 7000's with the bearings,, They DO cast very nicely..
    They're my favorite!!:big_smile: The clickers are good and loud too!!

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    You got that right Greg,, the clickers are as loud as Big Big:big_smile::big_smile:, Its got that wake up call sound.LOL..:wink:

6. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've got a 7000ics and I love it.. :0a27:

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Kenny I got the same 7000 rocket you did just about a week after you, and I have to agree that thing is nice. I can not wait to see what it does with a nice big flat on the other end.

8. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Don't have one, but would love to have a couple. I have 4 of the 6500 C3 CT Blue Yonders and they are long casters too!

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Them blue yonders are some killer reels too..Welcome to the Brotherhood BUD,,,:wink:

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Kenny! I have an Abu Garcia 6500 Chrome Rocket, that's simply awesome!! Very smooth and it casts great. Very nice looking reel. It's a jewel!! Can't go wrong with an ABU on the pole!!

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The 7000 Pro Rocket is the same reel as the 7000ic3 except for the color. Baddest baitcaster Ive used yet. :cool2:

12. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i have a few of the 6000's not for getting distance or anything but they do cast pretty far, but i was gonna look for a bigger one that i can get some real distance with, would this be the one, or is there some others that out cast this 7000 you speak of? i was gonna post a baitcasting reel for best distance on another thread as well, how much did you say it cost?

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I don't think the 7000iCS Pro Rocket can be beat for casting distance. they cost about$179.00 but worth every penny of it. They are one hoss of a reel.I plan on adding another one to my collection soon.

14. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have the 7000iCS Pro Rocket and the 6500c3 Pro Rocket, the 6500 is the same black and gold color as the 7000. I use both on 12' rods. The 6500 on an Okuma Solaris Surf and the 7000 on a Ocean Master Cape Point, and they are a great pair to draw to. I would also like to try a Blue Yonder, the last non level winds I used were Squidders and a Newell. But right now I can't complain about the Pro Rockets.

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I just pointed that out cause the ic3 is 30-40 bucks less. Unless you just have to have a darker color. You can save the money, and put it towards the rod. Both awesome reels though. :big_smile:

16. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

Keith when we go out this year i will let you cast my 7000 Rocket and then my 7000ic3 they are different. The Rocket is a much smoother reel around.

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    So whats the difference?

18. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Really.... I want to know As well???????

19. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    According to the ABU Rep the sideplates are one piece on the Rockets, on the c3 they are multi pieces, also the bearings are different in all locations. He also said the Pro Rockets are more hand picked units off the line.

I have both 7000's and they are on Catfish Safari Flathead poles and they are both spooled with PP 80lb. using the same size weight and nothing else on the line the Rocket will out cast the IC3 also both have the breaks backed off too.

20. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the new reels Kenny, well at least one of em :roll_eyes:. I have 4 of the 7000ics Pro Rockets and love em. Mine are spooled with 40# BG mono, and cast great. I'm sure you will be happy with the Rocket, they work as good as they look.