7000iC3 and 7000C3i

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Cheez, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Does anybody know the difference (if any) between these reels. The one I just bought has 7000iC3 on the box and has the exact same specs as the 7000C3i on the Abu Garcia website. I want to get another one and the place I got mine from doesn't have one so I will need to order it.
    Thanks,

Cheez

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I do believe they are one in the same

3. Bluerider

Bluerider New Member

State:
    Bethalto, IL
    The boxes my 7000's came in are labeled as 7000ic3 and on the reels as well.
    All sites seem to list them as c3i though.

I got mine through http://www.tackledirect.com for $110.95 per reel and free shipping for orders over $200.00 about 6 months ago, might want to check thier prices.

They are listed as c3i's there as well

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They are the same specs. Looks like it just depends on who's typing in the specs as to what order the numbers are in.

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    That's about what I figured guys. I have one and I know how the box reads but nearly everyone including Abu Garcia shows different.

Cheez

6. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Both have three bearings and the instant anti reverse designated by the I.

7. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Cheez,

Yeah, they're the same reels....Like they say, it just depends on who's typing it in.....Dwight

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Now that we have solved that little question does anybody know who has the best price on these little beauties.

Cheez

9. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Cabela's at $119.99.... www.cabela's.com Dwight

10. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Thanks demo man I saw that but I paid $100 for mine plus tax and was hoping somebody had one for around that. I'll keep looking and if I don't find it I'll give Cabela's a call.

Cheez

11. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    I picked one up at Academy for 95$ about a month ago.

12. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    No problem....I've also use the Abu Garcia site...But most other places are charging $129 for the reel....I've considered using the Abu Site because when you us their site the reel comes straight from one of their wharehouses....They use a thing called "Shopatron" on the net that deals with nothing but companies that want to off their product, but don't wanna mess with the hassle of selling the net.....I think my 7000 handle came from the "outlet" store in Iowa......Dwight

13. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    BOC Brothers/Sisters,

I might also add that when buying a reel "off display" or even out of the box....Check it out for "bent & damaged" parts closely....I bought a new 7000iC3 at Cabela's in Dundee, Mi, and got to looking closely at the reel....Someone had dropped the reel and it hit on the handle and it was bent.....Abu offered to send a "free" handle for the reel, but I didn't see any point in spending the money and going through the hassle of packageing/shipping the damaged handle back to Abu....So, I just bought one outright....Shipping and all was $23.45.....That gave me taxes and all about $145=150 wrapped up in my new 7000.....Just a warning to the BOC Brother's and Sisters.......It's not Cabela's/Abu's fault, but it's a hassle and a downer for sure.....Dwight