7000c3i

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ohio catfisherman, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was wondering if anyone has used the new 7000 yet and if so do u like it and if the new model is a better thanks

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Luke I have several 7000c3 reels . They are a great reel. The new model has carbon matrix drags. Which is a good smooth improvement. When you purchase a reel of this quality, you have made a good investiment. :lol: :smile2:

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Luke I've had one in my boat for a few months. I ready to try it.:smile2:

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I took a look at one at the local BPS and it is much much more smooth feeling than the older ones. I would love to have one. If your looking at buying one I do not see any way you would go wrong, the older ones are great reels and this one is even better.

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i have one and its a good reel. i cannot cast it as well as my 6500's though.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Luke, I got mine and boy is it nice! This baby cast like a dream. I haven't got to test the drag out on a big cat yet, but I have all the confidence in the world that it will preform well. I over loaded it with Berkly Big Game #40 line electric blue. Not only does it cast well it sure looks purdy! lol :cool2:

7. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    I just purchased one at bass pro. I put about 20 yards worth of a mono backing and then spooled about 300 yards of power pro 65 on it. I am waiting for a nine foot calstar rod of mine to come back with some modifications to pair it up with. I have three of the 7000c3's and really have been pleased with them, so I am sure I will like the new 7000ic3 I just purchased. Can't wait to get some time off from work to try it.

Eric

8. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I got two they are real sweet reels they cast great and smooth you will love them

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats gonna be the next reel that I buy. It may be a few years before I do but I will own one someday. They look like great reels!

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Seems like Abu Garcia decided to make things a little more confusing. I was in Bass Pro today and looked at the 2007 Ambassadeurs. They've got different models of the 7000i.

Before, if you got a 7000, you mainly got it for the extra line capacity. I havn't seen a 7000 reel in a fish that a 6500 wouldn't unless there wasn't enough line on the 6500 or 6000. Then, they came out with the 7000 with the narrow spool. You had a 7000 size reel with the line capacity of the 6000 or 6500.

Now, they've got the 7000i with the normal capacity of the late 7000, but they've got a "Narrow" version. Not only is the spool narrower, but also the frame! It looks like an "over growed" 5000 with a clicker.

I'm not saying it's a bad reel, I'm sure with the same gears it's just as good as the full size 7000i. But for heaven's sake, wouldn't this just be a taller 6500? Looks like they're re-inventing what they've already got in stock and kinda hard to improve on in the first place.

Just my thoughts(still looked kinda cool though).:cool2:

11. Bluerider

Bluerider New Member

State:
    Bethalto, IL

I got 2 new 7000 c3i's a few months ago and mounted them on Surge heavy action rods and spooled them with 80# Powerpro.

Having used Ambassadeurs for the last 20 years I can assure you these have the best out of box performance I've seen.

Cast like a dream, instant response and very smooth drag with winch like cranking power from the low gear ratio.

Only caught a few 20#'s on them so far but did hook into a beast in the swift current below Melvin Price (Alton) lock and dam.
    20 minute fight that I lost, he wasn't nearly as tired as I thought.

My current setups are 2 6500 rockets mounted on 7ft Berkley Air Buzz Ramsey specialty rods rated for 8-16 ounces with extremely fast tips that I will now use for drift and as backups and the 2 new setups that will probably be the last investments I will need to make......(or so my wife believes)

12. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have 6 of the 7000C3'S and 2 BG9000'S an like them all. I haven't tried the 7000c3i but I was told that its just like the 7000c3 except it has a lever instead of a button and has carbon drag washers. I'm going to install the smoothdrag carbon washers in all of mine.