7000c3 question?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kurt, Jun 26, 2006.

1. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have a 7000c3 and a 6500c3. The clicker on the 7000 seems to be harder to pull than the one on the 6500. I was wondering if there was a way to adjust it. I have caught fish on it before even smaller channels, but i would like for there to be less tension on it. I have the reel on free spool so i know that isnt where the pressure is from. I believe that it is in the spring that that holds the arm that clicks. Just wondering if anyone has any tricks or have experimented themselves. I hate to cut and stretch the spring and not work at all.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Try loosening the tension knob that is right under the star drag. Or you can back of the other one on the left side of the reel. Sounds like these are too tight to me.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats a first, everyone else is tryin to make 'em harder to pull! on those 7000's the clicker mechanism on the inside has two little springs on either side of the "clicker" piece that strikes a plastic gear, you can try and stretch out the springs a little and that will no doubt make it easier to pull.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mY 7000 Clicker is much harder to pull out than my 6500, even with the tension knob completly lose?

5. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    Do you think it is too hard, like i said i have caught smaller fish with it, but it just seems so hard to pull compared to the 6500.

6. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I have the same problem, tried to cure it, nothing plausible worked. So I developed the "Theory" it's a bigger reel intended for bigger fish so it should be "stiffer." That solved my problem. Little fish won't make the reel "scream" on the 6500 either......

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I agree with Dreadnaught loosen the round siver knob that will back off the break. If that doesnt work take the side plate off and remove one of the breaks its a little white peice of plastic that will slide off. Just remember that when you back the break off to get more free spool you will have to re-adjust before you throw it back out because this will cause it to bird nest a lot easier if your not used to it.

8. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the help. I think the conclusion the reel is for big fish is true. Id like to be a little oversized i guess than under when the time comes to bring in the trophy.

9. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    yeah the cliker on those 7000 can be a bear at times. thats why i manily stick with my 6500.