7000 er beach boat wreck reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slimcat, Nov 19, 2006.

1. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Has anyone tried any of the black 7000 er beach boat wreck fishing reels off ebay. What is the difference in them and the regular C3 reels?

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I've been wondering the same thing, bidded on one and got beat because I wasn't on the computer when it ended, almost got a great deal on it too!

3. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Yeah, I guess I won it.LOL. I just hope they are not junk!!!

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You dirty son of a gun.:lol:

I think they are about the same probably as the regular ones, make sure to let us know how you like it.

Zakk

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I will Zakk, happy bidding next time.LOl. I guess no one else on here has ever used one.I will let you know when I get it.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    All 4 of my 7000's are the black models, The first 2 I bought in 2000 I think. The store had them on sale for for like 123.00 down from 140 each. I picked them cause they were heavier than the silver ones, and just seemed more sturdy to me. The other 2 I just got 2 yrs ago and they are saltwater big game reels, They have teflon washers under all the little external screws, plus a stainless aluminum spool with a post to tie your line to the spool. They are even better than the first two. They were 199.00 at cabela's but I got them for 119.00 each because they were overstocks. I really wish someone could tell us definitively one way or the other if the colors mean something between reels with the same numbers. Or do they just mean you can pick what color you want to use. I just haven't seen any other black 7000's while I've been out fishing.

7. Anguluva

Anguluva New Member

State:
    Sri Lanka
    With Ambassadeurs it is difficult to tell for sure because they have so many models with different colours and different names but the reels are basically the same except for a few insignificant mechanical differences.

The 7000er (or seven) is a cheaper version of the regular 7000 and is generally considered the least durable of all the 7000's since it has more plastic and less stainless steel / brass parts inside. I have not owned or opened up one but this is the general opinion from those that do. That is why it is also cheaper in price. It is more prone to saltwater damage but I guess it should be ok for freshwater catfishing. If it has not got 'made in Sweden' marked on the side plate (opposite side to the handle) then it is a Taiwan made reel.

s_man, the black older model 7000 C reels (made in Sweden) are great reels and are heavier than the regular 7000 because they have brass side plates which are totally corrosion resistant (unlike the regular 7000 which has aluminium side plates that corrode when regularly used in salt water).

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Thanks Angelluva, that will be the last of those for me. I can't stand cheap stuff.

9. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Abu Seven

I have read at other places that the Abu Seven has plastic parts inside. I have one from the late 80's and have open it up a few times. There was one only plastic gear that was the worm gear. Even the main levelwind gear is brass. Nowadays you open up an Abu the levelwind gears are plastic.

10. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Just got mine today and it looks fine but like you say it has a big 7 on the left side. I just hope it will hold up to a big yellowcat.LOL

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Slimcat, when I first read your post I thought the "er" wasnt part of the nomenclature of the reel. I had never heard of that model. My first two were cl 3's, the last two were SW BG. I don't know about yours but I think all abu's with the "made in sweden" mark are top notch. I can't complain.

12. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Look on ebay, thats where I got mine. It does not have made in sweden on it. It feels good but who knows. Time will tell I guess.