7 lb Rainbow trout...Fool Hollow lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SandyCatfish, Jul 4, 2007.

1. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I know this forum is all about catfishing....and I love that, too. But, I got to brag a bit. I caught a a 7 lb rainbow trout Sunday, July 01, about 1 pm at Fool Hollow lake near Showlow, Az. I went to the visitors center and showed them...they took pics of coarse. Anyways, 2 weeks ago game and fish put 5 incentive fish in the Lake....guess I caught one, or just maybe I caught one that has been around awhile. LOL. This is my biggest fish yet......still looking for a big flat head. By the way it was sooooooooo hot in Showlow all the 5 days we were there.....I am exhausted. Sandy

2. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    It is good to hear about other storys on this site. Good job an good luck.

3. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice fish for any water. What did you catch it on?

4. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    This thread is useless without pics. :smile2:

5. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I was beat from 5 days on lake no A/c in a tent.......I will post a pic tonight. I have several that the ranger at the park took...then e-mailed them to me....now is how to figure how to post them......I am new to all this. I caught the fish trolling in our 14 ft Lowe boat...a little fast but not wide open....we have a 9.9 motor on the boat. I was using a Rapala split jig....about $6.00 (Bass Pro Shop) on a Walmart Rhino rod....I paid $42 for. I will diffinately try and get the pic up tonight......ok. I am still beat after 10 hrs of sleep. Sandy

6. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    Good job!!!! Looking foward to the pics.:big_smile:

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That is a nice fish by anyone's standards.
    Good Job! Welcome to the BOC!
    ~A

8. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    That is an awesome Trout, Welcome to the B.O.C. Scott:0a25:

9. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Congratulations on the monster trout. Your thread is usefull even without the pic. But it sure would be nice. It's pretty simple to attach. If you look at the bottom of the page you'll see "manage attachments" just click on that and you should be able to attach the pic. You might want to right click on the pic in the e-mail and send to desktop. Then you;ll be able to find it with a little less hassel. I grew up trout fishing and lived in Alaska for about 6 years. I spent most of my time flyfishing and believe me, a 7 lb rainbow is great. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Micah

10. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Way to go Sandy. Nice fish.

11. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    My 7lb Rainbow Trout.jpg me and the trout

12. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I tried to post the pic.......got a auto reply saying I need to do 10 posts before I can post a pic...so i will have to do 4 more real fast. U need wait 1-2 more days I guess. This makes me sad......and angry...but I do not make the rules. Sandy anyone out there fish Patagonia...we want to go Sat night.

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    that is a big trout, nice job.:big_smile:

14. Kubush

Kubush New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice catch congratz!!

15. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    soon I will have my 10 post thingy so I can post the pic.....Iwork 12 hrs a day lately....no time to pst. anyone catching fish. We got a few small channels at Patagonia last sat night........we did find the rain, lightening...lost our cell phone. sandy

16. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    curled..............it was a smaller ice chest than he was.....it was so hot at Fools Hollow 07/01/07 7 lbs

Attached Files:

17. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    :sad2: one of the trout pics I got uploaded.......uploaded 2 on 2 different posts.........is like sideways...Can some one fix it? Ty.....and yes I caught the fish, not my b/f. sandy

18. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    very nice fish. congrats.

19. royerj1

royerj1 New Member

State:
    Tempe AZ
    Beautiful fish, congrads!
    John