7 fish Total 301 lbs in todays weight in.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ShilohRed, Oct 13, 2006.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    There was a team that weighed in 7 fish that weighed 301 lbs this morning in the catfish classic in AL.
    They brought there fish in before noon and had caught them all in around 45 minutes out of one hole.
    Now that is fishing. Wonder how well they will do tomorrow? So as you can guess there in the lead. I think the team was a young team out of OHIO I believe . There biggest fish was 46 lb I think and the small fish was mid 30 ish.
    Big fish at Noon was 52 lb Flathead caught by a lady fishing in it.

More this evening.
    Pete

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thats amazing sounds like they did some good fishing.

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats 45 minutes of great fishing for sure.thx for posting.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    If I did not know better, and trust me, I don't, I would check their camp or boat for an old crank telephone........sounds to me like they were doing some phonin'.:wink:

That is the only way I have ever seen/heard of anyone catching that many big fish that fast from one hole. The camotion and noise alone from catching one or two would spook the rest.

Maybe I am just a pesimast?:roll_eyes:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    When fishing deep water like they were fishing it does not spook the fish like shallow water. Betting they were fishing water 60+ ft deep.
    And you can bet there was a boat watching them also.

Pete

6. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    You are probably right. I am just jelous as heck, oh to fall upon a hole like that! :eek:oooh:

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We would all love that . LOL I know for sure I would love one day like that. But take say 3 hours to catch them. :big_smile: That would be way to much work to catch them all in 45 minutes.
    I have caught 300 lbs out of one hole. But they would average 12 lbs or so sure nothing like that big :sad2: Biggest that say was 22 lbs and a few more a litttle less then 20.

Pete

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No dought... sounds like a great spot.... To land one is great but to land 7 of them.... wheewww doggy.. welp im going fishin...

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Charles Phillips and I caught 147 # out of one hole in the Mississippi, we saw the fish on the fish finder when we started fishing and after we finished we had the six fish we had seen on the finder. Did not spook any and this was in 40 feet of water.

10. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sounds Like They Found A Real Nice "honey" Hole

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    7 Fish, total #301 pounds,45 minutes? Don't Know ShiloRed Thats Perty Amazin in this Mans Book. I'm not saying that they diden't catch #301 pounds of fish, But in 45 minutes Simply Amaizin! JMHO. Anyway how did You Guys Do? Cause All of Us folks are Pulling For You. Your Friend J.D.

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    John it was not me. Just passing along what I received from a buddy that is working the weight in at the Catfish Tournament.
    And yes you can catch 7 fish that will average that in 45 minutes . Now your working fast to do it. But it can be done.
    They were in a lake, So not having to fight the current. And with the right tackle. It would not be that long of a fight.
    Pete

13. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I have always thought, that in a catfish tournamint, each boat should have one boy scout as a passenger. They would be teaching a young man how to fish and it would keep them honest. There are too many ways to cheat in a catfish tourney. When big prize money is being payed, creative people can come up with clever ways of getting catfish into a boat.

14. Styx

Styx New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WOW!!! Thats alot of fish for sure. My buddy and I caught 157 lbs of blues in about an hour and a half in one hole on the Missouri River back in August. That area was about 30 ft deep with several shelfs on the way down. We caught a total of 8 blues ranging from 8 lbs to 40 lbs. YES, That was a blast. Best night we ever had.

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Dadgum it, thats a mess of fish out of one hole.

16. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Pete I take it that the fish are not released. No way a live well would keep that many big fish alive. Do they just lay the fish in the boat?

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Hoot from what I was told everone of them were released. (The pair that caught the 301 lbs ran in as soon as they could and was done for the day.) As if its dead I don't think you can weight it in. But I could be wrong.
    Also most of them have big stock tanks for live wells and will handle fish well.

Also they only weighed in 7900 lbs yesterday and still like todays fishing.
    Pete

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a blast!:lol:

19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well it sounds like i missed some great action. i will say this those teams that are fishing in this are the best in the country. they all had to quailify for this event. if you talk to these guys you will find out they are serious about catfishing. cheating! i dont think so! my hats off to ever one of them teams. thanks for the heads up.

20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That is very nice!