7 day line

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by cuttingout69, Nov 26, 2006.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Eric and I pulled the 7 day line today. We took 98 beaver, 90 coons, 6 otter, 4 cats and I don't know how many nutria rats. On Monday when it got down to 30* we had a line high of 32 coons and 21 beaver. We have pics, some where. We don't have have a total pic, as we still have to put it up. We started at 05:00 most every morning and finished skinning at 11:00-12:00 a couple of nights. I am wore out and ready to get some sleep now. That was the hardest 7 days I have every had on a line. I am hurting.

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the trap line.Get some rest.

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Try to post some pics when you can. Congrats on the success. That sounds like a lot of work.

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great job Bro! We pulled ours for this week due to deer gun week. I wanted to deer hunt and I did not want to tick off any of the nice farmers who let us trap by spooking their deer if they might be hunting. Plus the temps have been so warm things have slowed a bit. We'll get at it again next week.

5. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Tony, if you think your tired know, wait till we run our 16 day line in January!:crazy: It's gona be twice the fun, twice the work, and twice the tired a$$!:big_smile: It's been almost a week since I've cleaned anything, and my fingers are still numb! Why did I have to be a trapper anyway! Maybe we should consider golf.:cool2: It don't look near as hard as running a trapline!!:smile2:

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    good luck trapping!!! and remember, keep some around for next year!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on the catch I know how much work it takes to make a haul that big and maintain it

8. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    you can catch the link below and see some of the pics of the line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Michael, congratulations! I have a question. Do you eat the beaver? If not your missing out on a great meal. I wish i had some to cook up, because i love it!! Makes some good jerky too! Heck, if there was a way i could get some i would, but most of the beavers around here are gone or the land is leased and they won't let you on it without joining the club! My traps and snares are rustying away!

11. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    way to go guys!

we have been wanting to see some pics again. Thanks!

12. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
  13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good question Kevin. a trapline is simply a term used to define where your traps are set at in essence if you set your traps along a creek or a farm road it is sort of a 'line' hope this helps ya

14. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks, sounds like alot of fun, and alot of work!