Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prefer 7'6 and 8'. They're not hard to cast from a boat at all.
My preference has nothing to do with casting. It is fitting into my rod locker. The 7's are easier to get in than the longer rods. Now I am sure people will say that I could just leave them on the deck which I do a fair amount. However there are many days in the summer with the family where we do a combo tubing/fishing trip. With 5 or 6 kids on the boat tubing it is nice to have the rods stowed away.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Agreed I have to keep mine in the lockers as well. The 7'6 rods are alot easier to get in and out than the 8' rods. I dont even bother putting them in there anymore. I'm sure the 7fters are a breeze.
My preference has nothing to do with casting. It is fitting into my rod locker. The 7's are easier to get in than the longer rods. Now I am sure people will say that I could just leave them on the deck which I do a fair amount. However there are many days in the summer with the family where we do a combo tubing/fishing trip. With 5 or 6 kids on the boat tubing it is nice to have the rods stowed away.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I love mine. I got them with the original owner about 12yrs ago. I hear they're still well built. The handle is awesome for grip when your hands are all slimey and bloody from cut bait. I have 8' MH

I've been looking at the meat hunter rods are they any good do the raped handles hold up
Sports equipment Wood Tool Metalworking hand tool Recreation
Writing implement Office supplies Material property Tints and shades Stationery
Musical instrument Sports equipment Erhu Wood Floor

·
Premium Member
6,434 Posts
I don't know the answer to the OP's question about why there are not more 7' casting rods offered but would speculate demand. Alot of my fishing is suspended drifting, two rods out on each side of the boat. I like one shorter rod with the holder angled to have the tip really close to the boat with a longer rod sticking straight out getting it as far from the boat as I can simply to give a wider spread. Length on the short rod is not important but I want the long one to be 7'6" to 9'.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Mostly I have 6' 6" and think a 7' or two but they would be 2 piece rods! Don't like long rods or one piece. Do have a couple 8' spinning rods i inherated but I have never used them. Tried an 8' casting rod one time and just to awkward for me, If I need to cast out farther, I get in the boat!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts